Author Topic: Deep cycle battery??  (Read 3540 times)

Offline Nizzan

• antrx cruise monkey
  • antrx.com junkie
  • I am NOT a llama!!
Deep cycle battery??
« on: May 24, 2003, 06:45AM »
Does anyone know a good place to pick these up from?

Offline Joczy

• antrx.com junkie
  • feed me guiness
Re:Deep cycle battery??
« Reply #1 on: May 24, 2003, 12:54PM »
ive been looking at a few batteries in the last week or so

the only brands i would settle for are

century
exide
bosch
yuasa

dont go for cheap batteries

supercheap/k mart/ repco can sell these to you

cheapest bosch one i found was at supercheap auto for 140, and if u trade in your old battery u get $15 bucks off.
the specs were 13 plates, 600 cca, 115 RC, its big, should be able to fit in.

kmart have got a lot of exide batteries and there all at a reasonable price, for around $110 u can get an 11 plate 550cca battery for that

marine shops would also be a great place to find deep cycle as far as i know thats all they use

caterpillar australia also sell batteries, but there damn expensive, my bioss said he had one, and it lasted in his car for 5-6 yrs, pretty much double the life of a normal batterie and close specs to the first batterie i mentioned (bosch), but will cost around 200.

anyway theres a heap around, and everyplace tends to sell them for different prices. so best bet, would be to get the most amount of plates (11-13), highest cca (cold cranking amps), and rubber casing which most deep cycle batteries have

hope this helps!!!

-Cam
"It's darkest before dawn so if u want to steel ur neighbours newspaper thens the time to do it"

Offline Nizzan

• antrx cruise monkey
  • antrx.com junkie
  • I am NOT a llama!!
« Reply #2 on: May 25, 2003, 01:40AM »
i think i found the bosch one ur talking about. is it actually labelled "Deep Cycle"  coz they have one thats labelled that. Its pretty big, bigger than the stock battery anyway! (was around $149 or something??)

u think that'll fit? wouldnt i have to change or modify the tray? ???

the next one down was a Bosch gold series battery - 525cca, 13plate (suited for the pinny and was around $120?)

autobarn have the professional ones i noticed, Ultima and odysey n stuff, rediculous prices though ranging from $300 to $500. way too much cash!!  :o

Offline SSS

• Administrator
  • post whore
« Reply #3 on: May 25, 2003, 12:20PM »
I've been looking at an odyssey dry cell to mount in the boot, believe me, compared to normal batteries, they are worth every cent.

Offline Nizzan

• antrx cruise monkey
  • antrx.com junkie
  • I am NOT a llama!!
« Reply #4 on: May 25, 2003, 06:29PM »
yeah ur probly right, i see a lot of comp setups with those batteries installed. I ended up buying that Bosch deep cycle battery. i didnt think it would be that good!!  its a 75 amp, which is roughly around 900cca or something rediculous, lol. I put it to the test today, (I replaced the leads and the terminals to gold plated ones also)

engine off. high beams on, fan on full, rear demister, room lamp, neons on, stereo on reasonable volume (2 subs inc) and there was no lights dimming like before, not at all. left it for about 15-20 mins and the engine still started!  8)

i find i have a smoother idle and the car starts up much smoother, (was real sloppy before)
never fell below 12.5v!

;D ;D just expressing my happiness!