Author Topic: Looking for a new head unit  (Read 2619 times)

Offline weasel

• antrx.com moderator
  • post whore
  • ooooweeeooooo
Looking for a new head unit
« on: Jun 23, 2003, 05:47PM »
Ok i'm gonna start looking into a new head unit cause mine is starting to shit itself it's been going HARD since 97 and has gone through three cars but now it's time is coming to an end

i'm not too fussed on brand name i just have to have heard of the brand and heard good things about it

the specs i cannot go without are

it must have minimum 4 volt pre outs
preferably 6 pre-outs but i could go 4 if i really had to
and must be MP3 compatible

i have my eye on this but if i got it, it would be worth more than my car

if you wnt specs go to http://www.clarion.com.au and search for model number VRX935VD
"Noss is God"

Offline chucky

• CRUISE MONKEY
  • post whore
  • WHERES MY STICKER?
Re:Looking for a new head unit
« Reply #1 on: Jun 24, 2003, 01:19AM »
LOL your a nut, dont waste your money on a dvd player n shit, seriously, how many times you think your ever gonna watch tv in your car after the first week?... bah, theres my personal opinon, if i were you, i'd get a competition level head unit for 2g and throw out your amp...

What do ralliart do??? make stickers???

Offline BEEFY_1600

• antrx.com junkie
  • 1968 Datsun 1600 FJ20ET GTX3076R
« Reply #2 on: Jun 24, 2003, 01:41PM »
GOOD compition headunits dont have an internal amp so u have to run an amp to run the speakers i sugest u go to caa and hve a look in the for sale part of the forum and get some thing second hand

Offline weasel

• antrx.com moderator
  • post whore
  • ooooweeeooooo
« Reply #3 on: Jun 25, 2003, 08:23PM »
LOL your a nut, dont waste your money on a dvd player n shit, seriously, how many times you think your ever gonna watch tv in your car after the first week?... bah, theres my personal opinon, if i were you, i'd get a competition level head unit for 2g and throw out your amp...

Yeah i'm not seriously thinking of getting that but if it were given to me or something then sweet. the thing is that it plays VCD's and i download video clips an burn them to VCD so then i could have watched them just like listening to a cd now that woulda been cool

but i am seriously looking at the clarion DXZ835MP

(the reason i'm looking at Clarion is cause i've already got a Clarion stacker mounted in my car and it would cost me to remove it but if i find a good enough other brand i suppose i could fix it up)

cheers >weasel<
"Noss is God"

James

« Reply #4 on: Jun 25, 2003, 09:23PM »
haha, yeah, id love a dvd headunit, but the one i want is around $4000  ::) what is ur price range???

Offline weasel

• antrx.com moderator
  • post whore
  • ooooweeeooooo
« Reply #5 on: Jun 25, 2003, 11:21PM »
my price range is from about 500 to 1000 and it would want to be good for $1000
"Noss is God"

Mr Trx

« Reply #6 on: Aug 30, 2003, 10:45AM »
hey go over to strathfield car audio and buy yourself a dvd player from there it fits into a din slot and i think its $148  :o that's where i bought mine and lol i know mates a computer store they got me a 15inch lcd for $500 wow  :o and you know that 15 inch lecd's are equivalent to 17 inch crt's