Author Topic: Serious post, please read  (Read 3164 times)

Offline cruizer

• post whore
Serious post, please read
« on: Oct 29, 2007, 01:45PM »
Hey guys,

Just thought I'd let everyone know about this. Today i got told I have Pteryguim. It is a fleshy tissue that grows in a triangular shape over the cornea (the transparent part or front window of the eyeball). It may grow large enough to interfere with vision.

I dont want sympathy I just want people to know about it and how it can be prevented.

Basically it's caused by UV sunlight damage. So although people might not listen,please wear sunglasses this summer, because apparently I'm stuck with this for the rest of my life and its a pain in the ass  ;D

Cheers, Jaye

Offline phantom

• antrx.com senior member
  • The Fighting Ninth
Re: Serious post, please read
« Reply #1 on: Oct 29, 2007, 02:05PM »
shit ....sorry to hear that
so what are your options? can you get it removed or something?

Offline cruizer

• post whore
« Reply #2 on: Oct 29, 2007, 02:14PM »
Its not that serious its just a pain in the ass. I.e. it'll gradually move over my cornea and i'll have to get it scraped off (ewwww), and then it grows back within a few years. You can get serious and get it nuked etc but its not worth it.

Just want people to be aware of it and how to prevent it.

Offline wicked

• antrx.com senior member
  • U13
« Reply #3 on: Oct 29, 2007, 02:20PM »
Thanks mate. Sunglass is your friend.  ;D

Offline Budgie

• Dr. B Udgie - AWD FTW
  • Administrator
  • post whore
  • U12-U13
« Reply #4 on: Oct 29, 2007, 02:27PM »
My mates and work friends sometimes pay me out for how 'joined' I am to my sunnies... this is one of the reasons why!

Good work posting this up Jaye, living in this sunbaked country we should all be wearing UV sunnies whenever we are outside during daylight hours.
dont piss me off with your pillarless shit captain snappy wrist

Offline Milford

• resident clown
  • post whore
« Reply #5 on: Oct 29, 2007, 05:57PM »
i work outside and never leave home without me sunnies.

too bad ill get skin cancer though

Offline Loop

• Token Old Fart
  • antrx.com junkie
  • Old and busted ...
« Reply #6 on: Oct 30, 2007, 10:07AM »
Yeah, pterygia are buggers to live with, I have them in both eyes - when they get inflamed some days it feels like sand in your eye.  Us fair-skinned lot are most susceptible to the condition.

I'm gonna have to get prescription sunnies this year, I can't wear my contacts for long periods any more.
209rwkW stock ... yes, it's a U12!!

Offline chr1S

• r&d team
  • post whore
« Reply #7 on: Oct 30, 2007, 10:24AM »
shit..

i dont think i've ever worn sunnies in my life for more than a week straight, i always wear them like once every 2 months wen i remember them...
Don't let the opinions of the average man sway you. Dream, and he thinks you're crazy. Succeed, and he thinks you're lucky. Acquire wealth, and he thinks you're greedy. Pay no attention. He simply doesn't understand.

to be fair, it wouldn't be ANTRX if we stayed on topic.

and if someone wasn't cranky at Chr1s for something he said...

Offline Colby

• post whore
  • KA24DE powered TRX
« Reply #8 on: Oct 30, 2007, 12:11PM »
I never wear sunnies, but then i'm so pale, i generally stay out of the sun pretty well.  Maybe i'll think about getting some this year though.

Offline BILL*69

• is on LPG...
  • post whore
  • Off Defect Finally..
« Reply #9 on: Oct 30, 2007, 10:56PM »
Now that i've found my sunnies again, im wearing them all the time for the past week or more. But i tend to lose them all the time. I am on and off, much like chris...
mr 4ut0m4t1c d0r1fft0000 p1nny 0n ga5 w17h cu5t0m u13h su8w00f3r!
When i'm cruisin' wit my bitches and G's ready to pop a cap in the ass of some fool who thinks he's bank by takin' my corner of the block....  ::)

Offline Carbon-goodness

• On ya bike!
  • post whore
  • self confessed antrx cycling nut
« Reply #10 on: Oct 30, 2007, 11:03PM »
geezus, that sux donkey's balls man jaye and Loop!   :o

hope that it doesn't cause you guys too much grief. if its any consellation, i've HAD to wear sunglasses pretty much all me life cos of me fcked up eyes. had a fair case of the conjuctivitis when i was heaps younger (like grade 1), which lead on to otehr probs.... so i know how sensitive the eyes are and whata pain in the ass (eyes!) they can be. now i can't go outside without wearin sunglasses as me eyes have adjusted so that whenever i go outside - even if its cloudy - i don't feel comfortable without the sunnies on   8)

anywho, on the plus side, you get a wicked sunglass tan on your face, esp durin summer!  ;)   :D
If somebody asks you, "can I ask you a question?" and you say, "no",  you're actually answering a question. Think about it....