Author Topic: CA20 auto-Manual swap  (Read 1773 times)

Offline Fusion U12

• antrx.com full member
CA20 auto-Manual swap
« on: Dec 26, 2006, 10:40PM »
I just got my hands on a ca20 manual box thats out of a wrecked corsair and got a new clutch kit the other day, My brother dad and me will have a go at doing the conversion (my brothers a mechanic and my fathers pretty handy with cars especially nissans) so here comes my question has anyone done this before on the forum? if so what problems am i going to be faced with, a friends father was telling me that the manual wont fit its smaller on ca20s, dont worry i didnt take any notice of him but he was shittting me right??? haha i bloody hope so

Offline Budgie

• Dr. B Udgie - AWD FTW
  • Administrator
  • post whore
  • U12-U13
Re: CA20 auto-Manual swap
« Reply #1 on: Dec 27, 2006, 05:51AM »
You will be fine :)

If it can be done on a CA18DET bluebird, it can be done on a CA20E corsair.
dont piss me off with your pillarless shit captain snappy wrist

Offline fraz

• bandit!
  • antrx cruise monkey
  • antrx.com junkie
« Reply #2 on: Dec 27, 2006, 07:28PM »
It will fit but you will need the following parts:

-flywheel, flywheel bolts, clutch
-clutch pedal, 32mm holesaw to drill the firewall for the clutch, (you will see where to drill), clutch lines, slave cylinder, master cylinder
-rear engine/gearbox mount, gearbox to chassis rail mount, front mount (autos dont have a front engine mount, its not necessary but will stop the engine rocking when you are doing hard starts)
-Shfiter and linkages.

Then you have to identify the neutral and reverse wires in the plugs and join the neutral wires and connect the reverse ones to the sensor in the gearbox.

If both boxes are non-lsd the auto drive shafts will fit the manual box.

Thats about all there is to it :)

hope it helps
you can get out of a ukrainian prison for 2 packs of marlbro and a bottle of vodka....

Offline Jono

• The Wise Man
  • Global Moderator
  • post whore
  • memory boy!
« Reply #3 on: Dec 27, 2006, 07:59PM »
The holes for the clutch are already in the firewall on AUDM models. I've got my amp power wire running through my clutch hole.
#1 Post Wh0re
pringles was here!

Offline Fusion U12

• antrx.com full member
« Reply #4 on: Jan 5, 2007, 10:33PM »
Yeah theres already hole in the fire wall, we didnt attempt it ourselves brother and dad never have time ill just leave it to my local mechanic he's had a look and yes fraz he listed just about everything you've stated thanks for the advice now i know im not getting ripped it all should be done in a month gotta get the money together:)