Author Topic: channel 10 HD  (Read 5461 times)

Offline bogan_bob

• antrx.com junkie
channel 10 HD
« on: Jun 29, 2008, 06:58PM »
bought myself a nice new LCD tv the other day, full hd, 1080p, digital tv tuner and what ever other crap they have these days. Im enjoying it, but channel 10 is pissing me off.

Who else has has digital tv? Do you have problems with channel 10s (hd and digital) being stop-start, cutting out etc? all other channels are fine, its just channel 10, it makes me angry.....

http://ozvr4.com - check it out :)

Offline acidmax

• antrx.com junior member
Re: channel 10 HD
« Reply #1 on: Jun 29, 2008, 07:22PM »
I have a Panasonic 1080p lcd with built in HD tuner and not a problem on any channel

Offline wombat

• antrx.com junkie
  • Sleep... What's that?
« Reply #2 on: Jun 29, 2008, 08:03PM »
it's the difference between Analog and Digital signals. Analog goes fuzzy/snowy and half works when it's fading out. Digital works - or doesn't. There's no middle ground.

I'd say your 10HD signal strength is a bit shaky.
I'm so far behind at work, I'm almost retro!

Offline noss

• Administrator
  • post whore
  • great scott!
    • antrx
« Reply #3 on: Jun 29, 2008, 08:05PM »
i dont have any problems with any channel either.. but abc is by far the best purely because their extra channels actually have different content on them which is awesome.

as for your issues with ch10 stopping and starting it will be because of a poor signal, thats how digital is, its either on or off basically, rather than great or fuzzy.. particularly if you're using and indoor antenna, the way the antenna is steup for say channel 9, might not be optimum for channel 10.. external antenna is the way to go.. if you're using an external one, then i dont know..

edit: wombat beat me.

http://polyfedelicio.us/imgs/ - free image hosting for whatever you like

Offline slim

• post whore
  • Nissan Bluebird SSS 1996 ®
    • Pictures
« Reply #4 on: Jun 29, 2008, 10:05PM »
i dont have any problems with any channel either.. but abc is by far the best purely because their extra channels actually have different content on them which is awesome.

But to show Nascar all weekend. i get bored after the 3rd turn

I'ld say its just the antenna, but then again the antenna im on is old ( approx 20 yrs)
  • Bosch HID Kit, Clear Side & Front Indicators + Bulbs
  • B&M Shortshifter
  • JVC DVD Touchscreen 5.1 Surround Sound
  • Full Whiteline Kit
  • Tokico Shocks
¤ slim's 1996 SSS Bluebird Project Thread

Offline Luke

• 173kw @ all 4
  • sth. oz local moderator
  • antrx.com junkie
« Reply #5 on: Jun 29, 2008, 10:12PM »
Yeah definately the antenna. CH10 and CH10HD will have the same signal strength, they are both broadcast on the same frequency. They are actually on CH11 here in SA because Analog 10 is on CH10. You need to make sure your antenna is designed to pick up ch11, most antennas are. Where I'm living at the momment (Klemzig), Im just using a piece of wire and it works fine lol. What brand is your TV?? Is the tuner built in, some brands will do a better job of decoding the signal better than others, and its generally the brands like sony and panasonic that do a shithouse job. Try lining your antenna up with mount lofty better if you havent already, does wonders.
Jason reffering to the OzVR4 Forum... "Even their forum is slow" "FJ20.com on the other hand, yep that S12 does Mono's"

mozza

« Reply #6 on: Jun 29, 2008, 11:39PM »
But to show Nascar all weekend. i get bored after the 3rd turn

yeh but by the 4th there's a massive crash and theres piece of american shit going everywhere.

I dont have a problem with mine either...

Offline Kranzy

• Administrator
  • post whore
  • U12 - SR20DET
« Reply #7 on: Jun 30, 2008, 01:34AM »
I have issues with channel 10 too.

We lost signal with 45sec to go in the afl grand final between westcoast and sydney when there was like 4 points the margin. Very unimpressed with it.
Quote from: noss
learnt something new just then, dont eat baked bean sandwhiches while changing the paper in the copier

"Noss is GOD"

Offline Sticky

• Bad Luck Magnet
  • qld local moderator
  • post whore
« Reply #8 on: Jun 30, 2008, 09:33AM »
Ive never had any issues with 10HD, if it cuts out, the only thing it will be is antenna signal

The best engine in the world is the vagina, it takes any size piston, its self lubricating, starts with 1 finger, and every 4 weeks does its own oil change. It's just a pity the management system is so f**king temperamental.

The Human Torch was denied a bank loan

Offline noss

• Administrator
  • post whore
  • great scott!
    • antrx
« Reply #9 on: Jun 30, 2008, 11:44AM »
actually a friend at work lives in a complex and the antennas are shared between all the units in his block.. so say for example each block has 10 units in it, thats 10 tv's sharing the one antenna..

now, he gets perfect tv all day every day, until the cricket is on.. when the ashes were on, he absolutely could not get channel 9. every other channel was fine, but he couldnt get 9. as soon as the cricket was over, he could get channel 9 again.

i've never heard of anything like that happening before, but its just a thought that, if say you're sharing your antenna with a few other tv's in the house, or if you are in a block of units with a shared antenna, then maybe there are issues with how much of a signal the antenna or cable can handle?

i think it sounds pretty silly, but i suppose its a possibility.. cause thats the only thing we could come up with for my mate and the cricket..

solution for my mate.. watch the cricket at the pub  ;D

Offline Abaddon

• antrx.com full member
« Reply #10 on: Jun 30, 2008, 12:04PM »
I had a similar problem with channel 7.

Turned out to be the cable I was using between the box and the wall (it was brand new but f*@ked) changed that over and then everything was sweet.

Moral is to never assume that anything works properly (test everything)
"Like a Fish???"

Offline pedro666

• post whore
  • VET NEO VVL is how I roll...
« Reply #11 on: Jun 30, 2008, 12:23PM »
it is a similar problem when they phased out analouge mobys. the stations dont have to broardcast at a specitic singal strength yaet , so they dont. i dont have that problem cause i luckily have both urban and rural channels.
the words "race car" spelled backward still spell "race car"? 

skype_shannan801

Offline bogan_bob

• antrx.com junkie
« Reply #12 on: Jun 30, 2008, 10:19PM »
hmmm. The external arial on the house is perfectly lined up with Lofty, never had any dramas before, theres only 3 tvs running off it (we have some signal amplifer or some garbage installed as well).

The TV is a samsung, it did all the tuning itself.

Its not really cutting out, its just gets jumpy and pixelated for a couple of seconds, the sound cuts out as well, if that makes sense

BTW channel 10 digital and 10HD do have different programming sometimes, but yea, ABC 1 and 2 are the better selections - god, i feel old already :P

Offline BILL*69

• is on LPG...
  • post whore
  • Off Defect Finally..
« Reply #13 on: Jun 30, 2008, 10:27PM »
dion, im PRETTY sure my dads 10HD is a bit iffy sometimes too... but he opts to just live with it
mr 4ut0m4t1c d0r1fft0000 p1nny 0n ga5 w17h cu5t0m u13h su8w00f3r!
When i'm cruisin' wit my bitches and G's ready to pop a cap in the ass of some fool who thinks he's bank by takin' my corner of the block....  ::)

Offline Luke

• 173kw @ all 4
  • sth. oz local moderator
  • antrx.com junkie
« Reply #14 on: Jun 30, 2008, 10:50PM »
It's the reception, and there is no way 10HD can be iffy and 10SD not, they are on the same frequency.
Jason reffering to the OzVR4 Forum... "Even their forum is slow" "FJ20.com on the other hand, yep that S12 does Mono's"

Offline SAIUN

• antrx.com junkie
  • ~(> ^_^)>
« Reply #15 on: Jul 1, 2008, 03:33AM »
It's the reception, and there is no way 10HD can be iffy and 10SD not, they are on the same frequency.
10HD stutters for me. Plays at about 10 frames per second (judging by eye). 10SD plays better, but also less than normal (about 15-20fps). There's a noticeable difference.

And it's got nothing to do with it being HD. I can't spot any differences between the standard def and high def 9, SBS and ABC digital channels (even though none of them are 1080i).
Current mods:
ANTRX.com KA24E Stage 2 ECU chip (5kW)
ANTRX.com sticker (30kW) ;D

... that's about all.

Offline pedro666

• post whore
  • VET NEO VVL is how I roll...
« Reply #16 on: Jul 1, 2008, 11:15AM »
i have had 3 hdstb a dgtec ,teac and topfield. topfield is the best doesn't fragment at all. you may be able to upgrade the software/firmware but i am not curtain with hd recievers built in, but may help. you can also overboost the signal causing it to break up also.
the words "race car" spelled backward still spell "race car"? 

skype_shannan801

Offline noss

• Administrator
  • post whore
  • great scott!
    • antrx
« Reply #17 on: Jul 1, 2008, 11:29AM »
yeh check/play with the amplifier settings.. my gf's dad has used a cheapo set top box and also a sony hd recorder that i bought him.. on both, some channels would break up and even completely cut out like there was no signal when the amplifier was set too high.. he now has it just right and all channels are equally full of awesome.

Offline bogan_bob

• antrx.com junkie
« Reply #18 on: Jul 1, 2008, 10:33PM »
cheers guys, will look into it more this weekend