Author Topic: boy racers at red lights(grow the fuck up)  (Read 12216 times)

Offline aidee

• antrx.com junior member
boy racers at red lights(grow the fuck up)
« on: Jun 1, 2008, 12:11AM »
what  the fuck is going on in this world ?rock up to the set of lights then some dick face wants to drag you ,no looks in their direction to say  "what you got wanna race look"but they insist on having a full blown drag down the road, they are delusional i thinks to myself. i mean im inocently waiting at the lights or cruizin down the highway and they like to get right up beside you,give you the stare then  excellerate in front then slow down to even up with you then smile then excellerate faster again.does any one experience this sort of shit from day to day from ediots.
« Last Edit: Jun 1, 2008, 12:35AM by datsunmad »
(i have tourettes) fu$% it,shit,fu$%?shit?fu$%.

Offline cruizer

• post whore
Re: boy racers at red lights(grow the fuck up)
« Reply #1 on: Jun 1, 2008, 12:49AM »
I get it a bit. Just shake your head at them. I normally laugh at them and shake my head.

Offline Smiley Of Terror

• post whore
« Reply #2 on: Jun 1, 2008, 03:50AM »
I get it alot, pay no attention if you don't want to, they're the ones burning their fuel bill.. that or i smoke em.

nissan enthusiast who... umm... drives a toyota.

'95 n/a Mr2

Offline rathies

• I may be going to hell but I'm going in a 4BY
  • post whore
  • Patrol of Doom coming soon
« Reply #3 on: Jun 1, 2008, 05:26AM »
yea I like letting ecotec zoom off from the lights while i putt along...catch up with them at the next set of lights..pull up behind them and stay up their arse when the light goes green..uber wtf factor lol.
Previous rides: KA24ET TRX,  2000 GUII Patrol 4.2 td, AntrxWA whore TRX owner 4/5, 99 Landrover Discovery TD5
Current Ride(s):  91 GQ Patrol ST-3 RB25DET Converted :)

Offline Kranzy

• Administrator
  • post whore
  • U12 - SR20DET
« Reply #4 on: Jun 1, 2008, 07:33AM »
I must say I cop this a lot since my Trx has been on the road. Usually they're scared off when i accelerate slightly (enough to build boost to set the bov off). But seriously sometimes its just stupid. The other night coming home after uni there was a fair bit of traffic on the road (after school traffic) and this guy in a commodore (surprise surprise) pulls up along side me and accelerates, backs off accelerates backs off etc...i didnt budge just kept driving at the same speed. He then sees fit to fly past me and weave in and out of traffic to get as far ahead as possible. I think whatever fuckwit...next set of lights i end up rolling next to him and he has a kid in the car about maybe 9years old...what a tool. 
Quote from: noss
learnt something new just then, dont eat baked bean sandwhiches while changing the paper in the copier

"Noss is GOD"

Offline chr1S

• r&d team
  • post whore
« Reply #5 on: Jun 1, 2008, 12:31PM »
I won't normally do it anymore, I use to, but that's coz I was a big hoon :P.

It depends on my mood and where it is, if it's dark and no-one is around (cars, kids, animals) on a decent road and i'm feeling abit pee'd off, i'll give him a run but not to a crazy speed. The race is normally finished halfway into 2nd gear. Which is only about 100km or so.

But yeah, I don't like the guys in red p plates who pull up in mums commodore or their brand new 1980's corolla they bought, and no it wont be modified because their mullets are too good for 20v's or big port 16vs.
Don't let the opinions of the average man sway you. Dream, and he thinks you're crazy. Succeed, and he thinks you're lucky. Acquire wealth, and he thinks you're greedy. Pay no attention. He simply doesn't understand.

to be fair, it wouldn't be ANTRX if we stayed on topic.

and if someone wasn't cranky at Chr1s for something he said...

Offline Smiley Of Terror

• post whore
« Reply #6 on: Jun 1, 2008, 01:12PM »
next set of lights i end up rolling next to him and he has a kid in the car about maybe 9years old...what a tool. 

yeah fuck that.

whenever I do "race" it's only up to the speed limit... which can be funny when it's only 50k's :P

'95 n/a Mr2

Offline Vithy

• post whore
« Reply #7 on: Jun 1, 2008, 04:12PM »
yeah fuck that.

whenever I do "race" it's only up to the speed limit... which can be funny when it's only 50k's :P
yea it is pretty funny
last time i did that raced up to 60ish 1st to second then hard on the brakes back to 50 side by side lol

yea u get ppl like that i remember i had an r31 want some coz i bette him in accel up to 80 the speed limit from a standard take off he keep flying ahead then slowwing down after to level up ect for ages then turned off i just ignored him, he already had his ass handed to him once

i rarely have that kinda stuff happen anymore tho ever since petrol went up lol
must be a good thing

"Noss is God"

Offline Jecks

• antrx.com pit crew
  • Global Moderator
  • post whore
    • antrx.com
« Reply #8 on: Jun 2, 2008, 09:34AM »
it happened to me a few times.

About 3 weeks ago, i was on my way home from work and some wank in an R33 rocked up beside me and did the whole line up thing.
I looked at him, and he smiled. I really wasnt in the mood so i ignored him. Perhaps he throught it was on, be cause as the light turned green, he planted it.
Smoke and all, as i rock up to the next lights i see him pulled over by the highway patrol.  ;D

FUCKING ROLF-SNORT.
I'm sick of my knob going all floppy and loose in my hand  :P 
I've been on probation for 21 years, can't make a decision without consulting the wife first  ::)

Offline Vithy

• post whore
« Reply #9 on: Jun 2, 2008, 08:47PM »
it happened to me a few times.

About 3 weeks ago, i was on my way home from work and some wank in an R33 rocked up beside me and did the whole line up thing.
I looked at him, and he smiled. I really wasnt in the mood so i ignored him. Perhaps he throught it was on, be cause as the light turned green, he planted it.
Smoke and all, as i rock up to the next lights i see him pulled over by the highway patrol.  ;D

FUCKING ROLF-SNORT.

OWNED! XD lol
"Noss is God"

Offline trxnut

• antrx.com senior member
« Reply #10 on: Jun 3, 2008, 10:23PM »
I may open up a can of worms on this but isnt this how you get someones attention to have a run? and you guys cant tell me that you have never street raced before cause this is part of the reason we all do up our cars and thats to smoke some guy in a 5 litre and wipe the smile clean of his face almost to the point of shock. But in saying this i always check for cars up ahead and rarely exceed 140kph and thats usually on the highway and im always the only one in the car, and yes i know accidents happen anyway but i keep the risk as low as possible, after all people have died on the drag strip before.

I just know im going to get flak from this

Had a TRX, then a U13

Now i got a mz20 soarer....yeah im a traitor!

Offline Kranzy

• Administrator
  • post whore
  • U12 - SR20DET
« Reply #11 on: Jun 3, 2008, 10:48PM »
I completely agree with you trxnut. Although ive never raced on the freeway and quickest ive hit on the street is ~100km/hr. But its a definite case of right time/right place. And school traffic with kids in the car is not cool.
Quote from: noss
learnt something new just then, dont eat baked bean sandwhiches while changing the paper in the copier

"Noss is GOD"

Offline trxnut

« Reply #12 on: Jun 3, 2008, 11:01PM »
And school traffic with kids in the car is not cool.

Thats a given. Thats just ridiculous, i get the shits with people who still do 50 or 60k.

If you go to you tube and watch "the last 2 minutes of life" you will see exactly how not to street race these idiots are sitting between 190kph and 220kph+ for over two minutes before one of them loses it at 220kph and hits a truck coming the other way at 100kph all captured on video. this is just crazy its one thing to nail it off the line to 140kph and then back right off to the speed limit but to go for this long is insane.
Had a TRX, then a U13

Offline Smiley Of Terror

• post whore
« Reply #13 on: Jun 3, 2008, 11:05PM »
yeah and in NSW if you're done doing over 40ks (45 maybe) you've lost your license straight up... and don't even bother if you're still on P1's... no matter how much you're speeding you've lost 'em.

'95 n/a Mr2

Offline trxnut

« Reply #14 on: Jun 3, 2008, 11:09PM »
all good thats why i dont go more than 40kph over the limit cause in QLD its the same automatically lose it for six months and i got plenty of points 12 I'm on my opens have been for quite a while.
Had a TRX, then a U13

Offline JelloBello

• Attesa Driver
  • west oz local moderator
  • post whore
  • Got Pastie?
« Reply #15 on: Jun 3, 2008, 11:12PM »
I thought smiley was talking about school zones? i.e. go over 45km/h during school zone time and you lose your license.

I personally think that's a tad harsh.
1994 u13 SSS Attesa ftw. Project thread here
13.876 @ 98.83mph

Offline phantom

• The Fighting Ninth
« Reply #16 on: Jun 3, 2008, 11:20PM »
Thats a given. Thats just ridiculous, i get the shits with people who still do 50 or 60k.

If you go to you tube and watch "the last 2 minutes of life" you will see exactly how not to street race these idiots are sitting between 190kph and 220kph+ for over two minutes before one of them loses it at 220kph and hits a truck coming the other way at 100kph all captured on video.

i just watched that video and holy god  :o there is nothing of that car left
some people are just fuckwits on the roads in general, not just drag racing

« Last Edit: Jun 3, 2008, 11:23PM by phantom »

Offline trxnut

« Reply #17 on: Jun 3, 2008, 11:30PM »
yeah its bad and sad

thats rhymes

lol
Had a TRX, then a U13

Offline Smiley Of Terror

• post whore
« Reply #18 on: Jun 4, 2008, 12:31AM »
I thought smiley was talking about school zones? i.e. go over 45km/h during school zone time and you lose your license.

I personally think that's a tad harsh.

nah mate 45k's over the speed limit. that would be 85 in a school zone.

If you're a P1 driver no matter how fast over the speed limit you lost your license for a minimum of 3 months... so 56 in a 50 zone is in theory enough to lose your license, though most police officers I know would give you a warning first.. unless you acted like an asshole.

'95 n/a Mr2

Offline BILL*69

• is on LPG...
  • post whore
  • Off Defect Finally..
« Reply #19 on: Jun 4, 2008, 11:13AM »
If you're a P1 driver no matter how fast over the speed limit you lost your license for a minimum of 3 months...
You would think that, but here in SA (we do actually have the same rule) many of us have got away with speeding 11k's and more over the limit.

I got caught once 20 k's over (i was actually about 15 but he wouldnt believe me), and i paid the fine and got away with it. I believe Unbalanced got away with 13 k's or something (or might have been 29), and Vithy got away with a speeding fine too. All of which according to SA laws, we should have lost our licences to.
mr 4ut0m4t1c d0r1fft0000 p1nny 0n ga5 w17h cu5t0m u13h su8w00f3r!
When i'm cruisin' wit my bitches and G's ready to pop a cap in the ass of some fool who thinks he's bank by takin' my corner of the block....  ::)

Offline Smiley Of Terror

• post whore
« Reply #20 on: Jun 4, 2008, 02:28PM »
You would think that, but here in SA (we do actually have the same rule) many of us have got away with speeding 11k's and more over the limit.

I got caught once 20 k's over (i was actually about 15 but he wouldnt believe me), and i paid the fine and got away with it. I believe Unbalanced got away with 13 k's or something (or might have been 29), and Vithy got away with a speeding fine too. All of which according to SA laws, we should have lost our licences to.

maybe it's up to the officers' discretion. Like if you acted like a real arsehole to him then he has the choice to disqualify your license for the speeding offence.

'95 n/a Mr2

Offline Budgie

• Dr. B Udgie - AWD FTW
  • Administrator
  • post whore
  • U12-U13
« Reply #21 on: Jun 4, 2008, 04:52PM »
I have been clocked at 134kmph in a 90 zone... going down a very steep hill in my bluebird, with an Hyundai Excel up my ass.

The car behind had been tail-gating me for a while (night time) and I was sick of its fucking headlights blinding me, so I gave the bluey a stab down the hills coming into Bacchus Marsh. When I go to the bottom of the hill a marked SS went past me, it was pitch black so only saw it at the last second. Rolled up the hill, into an 80 zone and sat on 80... the excel then got RIGHT up my ass and I mean really, really close.

Came into the 60 zone in the marsh and I could see the cop behind the excel, with the excel still RIGHT on my ass!!  He came past us both and pulled both of us over.

I got away with the excuse "I was speeding to get this tailgating asshole off my ass!"... was on my P's and it would have been licence gone.  Copper dropped it to 3 points and $200+ dollars as I remember.

Some are nicer than others!
dont piss me off with your pillarless shit captain snappy wrist

Offline Vithy

• post whore
« Reply #22 on: Jun 4, 2008, 08:19PM »
all good thats why i dont go more than 40kph over the limit cause in QLD its the same automatically lose it for six months and i got plenty of points 12 I'm on my opens have been for quite a while.

this sounds correct same here in SA aswell doesnt matter if ur Ps or full licence ur fucked if u get clocked 40 over.

If you're a P1 driver no matter how fast over the speed limit you lost your license for a minimum of 3 months... so 56 in a 50 zone is in theory enough to lose your license, though most police officers I know would give you a warning first.. unless you acted like an asshole.

doesnt sound right to me....p platers have 4 demerit points
as long as u dont do more than 10km over the speed limit or break any of the other p conditions u wont loose ur licence

the lady when i got my licence was explain that a p plater that gets demeirt points loss can randomly loose their licence coz of some scheme they are doing....depending on your offence
breaking p conditions does not equal a demerit point only costs money $63 if i remember correctly..
i have all the paper wrk to clarify this

incorrect.
2 months after my offense and about a fortnight after i paid i got a letter from the transport commissioner saying i have no license for 6 months but it isnt active till next wednesday. Owell such is life. It partially worth it just to keep my friends safe. I managed wid out a license before so cant see y not now. Looking forward to not have to pay petrol! ill be able to spend money on my car again :D YAY!
"Noss is God"

Offline Smiley Of Terror

• post whore
« Reply #23 on: Jun 4, 2008, 08:36PM »
doesnt sound right to me....p platers have 4 demerit points
as long as u dont do more than 10km over the speed limit or break any of the other p conditions u wont loose ur licence

just to confirm we are talking about NSW P1.

http://www.rta.nsw.gov.au/licensing/gettingalicence/200707_p1.html

see the last point.

'95 n/a Mr2

Offline BILL*69

• is on LPG...
  • post whore
  • Off Defect Finally..
« Reply #24 on: Jun 4, 2008, 10:30PM »
maybe it's up to the officers' discretion. Like if you acted like a real arsehole to him then he has the choice to disqualify your license for the speeding offence.
Not necessarily, this also includes fixed cameras (i.e. intersection red light and speed cameras). Therefore you dont know you got caught until like a month after the offence, but you are still supposed to lose your licence.
mr 4ut0m4t1c d0r1fft0000 p1nny 0n ga5 w17h cu5t0m u13h su8w00f3r!
When i'm cruisin' wit my bitches and G's ready to pop a cap in the ass of some fool who thinks he's bank by takin' my corner of the block....  ::)

Offline chr1S

• r&d team
  • post whore
« Reply #25 on: Jun 5, 2008, 01:07PM »
ALL NSW P1 license holders who are caught doing F all over the speed limit, 5, 10, 15, 40, 1000 have lost their license on the spot for at LEAST 3 months. Trust me.

I got caught doing 130 in a 60 zone, I lost my license for 12 months and copped a $100 fine. Yes, street racing against a wrx. But I only got charged for speeding, the cop was a good cop, he would of been alot harsher on me, and he was going to be like saying "yes, we're confiscating this car" but turns out  he let me keep it and in the cop report for court he actually gave me some good words saying how I wasn't acting like a tool, being remorseful, bla blah.

It all depends how you act.
Don't let the opinions of the average man sway you. Dream, and he thinks you're crazy. Succeed, and he thinks you're lucky. Acquire wealth, and he thinks you're greedy. Pay no attention. He simply doesn't understand.

to be fair, it wouldn't be ANTRX if we stayed on topic.

and if someone wasn't cranky at Chr1s for something he said...

Offline Mika

• antrx.com full member
  • Run pulsar! Run!
    • McLaren
« Reply #26 on: Jun 5, 2008, 01:52PM »
lol....I have fun baiting people. Pull up in the "drag lane" at a set of lights, check out the car in the next lane and then watch the douche in his skyline/commo/falcon/s13 plant the foot on the green...after all, everyone loves seeing a good skid once in a while!

Offline Vithy

• post whore
« Reply #27 on: Jun 5, 2008, 09:39PM »
just to confirm we are talking about NSW P1.

http://www.rta.nsw.gov.au/licensing/gettingalicence/200707_p1.html

see the last point.

holy SHITT!!!
fuckin hell thats harsh 2 da max
does the fuck with who made up the rules not understand that P platers and human and will make mistakes as in do 5 over or 3 over or 7 over the speed limit. TO me thats a load of shit!
the first point is funny as!! lol

90km speed limit unlucky and i believe unneccesary you dong gain exerience driving at 100km to become an experienced driver like everyone else by traveling at 90km an hour thats a load of pooo.

they must have big problems wid hoon drivers in NSW or the gov is just a bunch of arseholes

reading stuff like this just lowers my respect to the government....not the police they just doing their jobs and its there job to enforce the laws made....honestly i think its unreasonable.
but hey thats my opinion.
"Noss is God"

Offline Budgie

• Dr. B Udgie - AWD FTW
  • Administrator
  • post whore
  • U12-U13
« Reply #28 on: Jun 5, 2008, 10:19PM »
lol....I have fun baiting people.

Baiting is awesome fun.  Do it regularly in a mates airbagged '84 merc. Pull up, drop the car on its guts look over at the other car... give them the look, then wait and see if they plant it and light 'em up or not.  More often than not they will, seemingly because VS/VT commo's with stockies on the back are the cream of the Geelong car scene ::)
dont piss me off with your pillarless shit captain snappy wrist

Offline Byas

« Reply #29 on: Jul 10, 2008, 04:46AM »
there is a limit to dragging from the lights... a quick fuel dump doesnt do much harm, the difference though is the extra 100km/h that these drivers are doing...

my work sits at the end of the local "street drag strip" and i get to what these idiots get up to... and im sorry but there is no excuse for doing 160km/h+ in a cbd area/suburban area... i have to put up with this every single night. falcadores and the million and one carolla/gemini/pulsars that think that a canon adds some fully sik 200kw... 4 drunk mates hanging out the window yelling something about how mad the car is and how awesome they are for being 17 and drunk off 2 cruisers.

thankfully the police are cracking down on this... i'm a p plater myself and am shocked to see how these kids are abusing the privilage to drive... your not the only people who these laws are trying to protect. its the other road users who ge cought up in these acts...

im not going to get all high and mighty and say "oh golly gosh i would never drag a car off the lights" but if you have to do take it out of town at least and their really isnt much point left to prove after 110km/h.... the race is well decided by then...

and vithy.... i dont know anyone... ANYONE who has been pulled over by the cops for an accidental 5-7km/h over the limit... the cops arnt there to be arseholes.. they are there to make the road safer... the laws are harsh but for some of these kids its the only way they will learn... and not even then for some...

i could probably keep going but im too annoyed with it all now anyway... long night at work...

flame me all you want... but spend a night working with the people who pull you kids out of the car and you wont drive for weeks....
Nissan Pintara Gli
Ford Laser WRC