Author Topic: Better acceleration??  (Read 2831 times)

Offline Black_Serenade

• antrx.com junior member
Better acceleration??
« on: Jul 15, 2007, 04:59PM »
Hey guys. i know the KA24de has some kick to it, but im having trouble getting a nice fast take off from a stop in her without getting loss of traction..leading to not going far at all, Im not to experienced, and im not looking to be a hoon or anything, just in quieter areas (regional trans-suburb areas) i like to have a lil fun to keep my out of trouble. It's probably my driving and how im accelerating..maybe im dropping the clutch too fast and spinning the wheels.

But also on the mechanical side of things, is there anything to do for better acceleration performance? and overall engine performance, im still on my P's so i cant go turbo..which id like to do eventually. Im looking at getting a CAI made from stainless pipping shortly. not sure on anything else i can do with a low budget on her. Im getting so jelous of all these skylines and 200sx beats that just smoke anything off the lights they want (admitedly they are turbo'd up) but they get me drooling...but id never own one.. i like uniqueish cars not what everone has =p

Offline slim

• post whore
  • Nissan Bluebird SSS 1996 ®
    • Pictures
Re: Better acceleration??
« Reply #1 on: Jul 15, 2007, 08:00PM »
i like uniqueish cars not what everyone has
i cant go turbo..which id like to do
nice to know someone else is prepared to look after a U13 and turbo it

For taking off from standing dont drop or side step the clutch as that leads to wheelspin. Unless your on a track, drag strip with grip characteristics.

1300-2200 rpm should be fine. rev and hold there abouts and gently feed the clutch out. This all comes down to experience.
I did read your other post about going to get new tyres and having a distributor die, but im still going to say it, tyres dude dont buy rubbish tyres.

To get BBFYB performance thats going to be hard as there isnt much in support for KA24DE in Australia.
So ebay america or japan. Theres ANTRX cams, chips and other bits.
« Last Edit: Jul 15, 2007, 08:05PM by slim »
  • Bosch HID Kit, Clear Side & Front Indicators + Bulbs
  • B&M Shortshifter
  • JVC DVD Touchscreen 5.1 Surround Sound
  • Full Whiteline Kit
  • Tokico Shocks
¤ slim's 1996 SSS Bluebird Project Thread

Offline LUP15

• antrx.com senior member
  • formerly DIGITOBI
« Reply #2 on: Jul 16, 2007, 07:07PM »
get better tires.
Project LUP15 <-- Click Here      ||      If you're an enthusiast in QLD or anywhere else, support it --> Lakeside Raceway

Offline EFGohan

• antrx.com junior member
« Reply #3 on: May 10, 2008, 11:49PM »
only prob i have is the dam auto box slipping in2 4th (on off acceleration) or somthing else making it lagg just a lil it could be just the way the KA24DE cams operate like i feel when they kick in 
'Game over man Game over'