Author Topic: fitting 6x9s  (Read 1430 times)

Offline mycal

• antrx.com junior member
  • I'm a llama!
fitting 6x9s
« on: Jan 29, 2005, 07:48AM »
i need to fit my alpine spr-692b 6x9s. the mounting depth/drop in mounting is 83mm (from the box). has anyone fitted these speakers before, or similarly sized (depth wise) speakers before? i want to know if the 16mm MDF is enough to clear the boot lid return metal thing.
many thanks.

Offline chucky

• CRUISE MONKEY
  • post whore
  • WHERES MY STICKER?
Re: fitting 6x9s
« Reply #1 on: Jan 29, 2005, 04:22PM »
i had kenwood 6x9s that were pretty close to that... i built my parcel shelf out of 26(roughly) mil mdf and used 2 spacers for each speaker... cleared it alright but i think i would have been fine with 1 spacer for each..

take out your stock parcel shelf, sit the speaker in the hole there and see how much it sticks out, add about 4-5 mil on top of that and you should be sweet...
What do ralliart do??? make stickers???

Offline mycal

• antrx.com junior member
  • I'm a llama!
« Reply #2 on: Jan 29, 2005, 10:34PM »
thanks mate, i used yellow tongue flooring (not sure of the thickness) to make the shelf. it's just enough to clear everything 6x9 unfriendly. just gotta get some carpet to finish the job.

Offline VladIvanovic

• antrx.com junkie
    • My Company/Personal Website
« Reply #3 on: Jan 30, 2005, 11:44PM »
i know this is slightly offtopic but i figured its about the same thing...
If you've got your parent to do a home job (my dad wouldnt let me do it myself :/) and the 6x9 is hitting the metal things which hold the boot up
i take it, thats realllly bad for sound right and could end up damaging the speaker?
cause my dad wont bloody prop the metal bits down which is pissin me off, but if i have some proven information ill get away with fixing it up :P