Author Topic: patrs for turbo ka24e  (Read 2852 times)

Offline anthos_ti

• antrx.com newbie with pewbies
patrs for turbo ka24e
« on: May 6, 2008, 07:16PM »
hi,can anyone send me a list of parts needed to turbo a ka24e,i got a turbo lined up for it,but i need a list of internal parts.i know people are goin to say,use search,but i cant find the things i need,thank you.

Offline Kranzy

• Administrator
  • post whore
  • U12 - SR20DET
Re: patrs for turbo ka24e
« Reply #1 on: May 6, 2008, 07:29PM »
What exactly are you after?

Are you talking just internals or overall parts needed for the conversion?

If your after just parts overall there is plenty of info, but if your after particular internals etc then you'll have to have a look around the web for parts. Most people here have just slapped a turbo on stock internals and it has survived. There have been a few people build up the KA24E but for NA not turbo.

Give us a bit more info into what your after for your final project and we'll be able to help a bit more.
Quote from: noss
learnt something new just then, dont eat baked bean sandwhiches while changing the paper in the copier

"Noss is GOD"

Offline SSS

• Administrator
  • post whore
« Reply #2 on: May 7, 2008, 08:39AM »
hi,can anyone send me a list of parts needed to turbo a ka24e,i got a turbo lined up for it,but i need a list of internal parts.i know people are goin to say,use search,but i cant find the things i need,thank you.

importperformanceparts.net; amsperformance.com; both sell sohc engine components, forged rods, pistons etc.

Offline anthos_ti

« Reply #3 on: May 7, 2008, 06:54PM »
im after the bearings,headgasket,head studs and pistons

Offline SSS

• Administrator
  • post whore
« Reply #4 on: May 7, 2008, 08:06PM »
dude, did you not read my post?

Offline anthos_ti

« Reply #5 on: May 8, 2008, 08:49PM »
how much can i crank up the boost to before it will let go with stock bearings,headgasket

Offline BILL*69

• is on LPG...
  • post whore
  • Off Defect Finally..
« Reply #6 on: May 8, 2008, 09:08PM »
47 PSi br0!!!

nefing afta dat dud3 n u'lll n33d d0ubl3 tur5bro.

In all seriousness, it will most likely depend on how the engine has been treated in the past, what condition all the parts are currently in, how you drive it etc etc. Many factors. Correct me if im wrong though fellow ANTRX'ers.
mr 4ut0m4t1c d0r1fft0000 p1nny 0n ga5 w17h cu5t0m u13h su8w00f3r!
When i'm cruisin' wit my bitches and G's ready to pop a cap in the ass of some fool who thinks he's bank by takin' my corner of the block....  ::)

Offline cruizer

• post whore
« Reply #7 on: May 8, 2008, 09:49PM »
how much can i crank up the boost to before it will let go with stock bearings,headgasket

Its too hard to say generally. Depends on the condition of the engine (how many km's, whether its been well maintained etc). Look up those websites SSS said:
importperformanceparts.net; amsperformance.com; both sell sohc engine components, forged rods, pistons etc.

Do a search around this website and on the internet in general. Alot of people boost the KA engines in the US so look for info from there. Anything more from this would be asking us to come round to your house and do it for you....

Offline Kranzy

• Administrator
  • post whore
  • U12 - SR20DET
« Reply #8 on: May 8, 2008, 10:15PM »
Stock internals you'd be game running anything higher than 6-8psi.
Quote from: noss
learnt something new just then, dont eat baked bean sandwhiches while changing the paper in the copier

"Noss is GOD"

Offline SSS

• Administrator
  • post whore
« Reply #9 on: May 9, 2008, 08:11AM »

IF the tune is detonation free under ALL conditions and fuelling is good, you'll probably blow out the headgasket around 20psi without headstuds.