Author Topic: Oil catch can issue, HELP!!!  (Read 1621 times)

Offline Ammerty

• post whore
  • GT - AHHHHH!!
Oil catch can issue, HELP!!!
« on: Aug 21, 2006, 12:06AM »
today i fitted an oil catch can to my car and when i took it out for a test drive, i drove for a bit, stopped, drove for a bit again and then when i went for a bit of a thrash, my engine started making a wierd high pitched squeal, not too loud. Rathies and i both think its the timing chain. could the fact that i installed the catch can effected that?? has anyone else had this problem?? i think it might just be a co-insidence, wich I HATE!!
Quote from: SECLUDED

When are you not drunk Ammerty...lol  ::) ;D

Offline Ammerty

• post whore
  • GT - AHHHHH!!
Re: Oil catch can issue, HELP!!!
« Reply #1 on: Aug 21, 2006, 02:40AM »
i installed it following noss's instructions in his tech thread

Offline SSS

• Administrator
  • post whore
« Reply #2 on: Aug 21, 2006, 08:39AM »
An oil catch can won't cause mechanical problems, unless of course all of your oil poured into the can, which is impossible with the baffles in the rocker cover. Is any of your belts loose?

Offline Ammerty

• post whore
  • GT - AHHHHH!!
Re: Oil catch can issue, FIXED YAY!!!
« Reply #3 on: Aug 21, 2006, 08:11PM »
nope, belts were'nt loose
i fixed it, the hose to the pcv valve is a exhertion pipe, + so is the one to the recer cover so those were supposed to be connected in the T to the can then it returns to the enging through the oil seperator side (the hose connected to the plennum), no squealling, i thaught it was the wrong way round, but i went to ovaboost  before i changed it to confirm and i was right, THANK YOU OVABOOST!! (performance place in malaga) i would reccomend EVERY ONE in perth go to them, mic and the otherr guy (oops forgot his name) really know what they are doing, they're champs!! they have helped me out b4. They were just as supprised as me that it had any effect on the engine like that.

Offline KeGs

• Nissan addict
  • post whore
« Reply #4 on: Aug 21, 2006, 08:35PM »
yea mick's a great bloke good place OVABOOST did you see pics of his built 2jz with twin gt30/40's and the torana its goin in! !!!! ugh it has thee best manifolds ugh droolin
u12 sr20