Author Topic: Sub Woofer Viabration  (Read 2488 times)

Offline SmootH

• antrx.com full member
  • TRXTC
Sub Woofer Viabration
« on: Feb 18, 2005, 12:31PM »
Hi everyone, i have 2 sound stream spl subs , blah blah blah, basically went over this ditch on the road, and ever scince then they have been sounding like crap, i get this vibrating noise when i turn them up too loud which isnt much, instead of the usual bass sounding noise, if this makes any sense, any thoughts would be helpful. maybe wiing im not sure, but have checked all that and it seems fine.

thanks Smooth

Offline japcrp

• antrx.com senior member
  • i loved my 350z. even if it was for a day
Re: Sub Woofer Viabration
« Reply #1 on: Feb 18, 2005, 09:22PM »
you may have disloged the coil?  ???
who knows it could be anything!
yes my plate's say japcrap! but its worth it.

Offline WantaTRX

• 1991 White TRX
« Reply #2 on: Feb 19, 2005, 01:15AM »
do they sound like they are playing in a plastic box through pvc pipe? (if you know what I mean?)

Shawn
quote from my friend "my VN will kick your 4 cylinder car's ass, coz its a 6 cylinder" haha

Offline Kranzy

• Administrator
  • post whore
  • U12 - SR20DET
« Reply #3 on: Feb 19, 2005, 10:58AM »
with the sound system off...VERY GENTLY push the cone in a little bit. You should be able to do this and not feel any friction. Also listen for a scratching sound. If either of these are present it is likely that you have poped the voice coil.  :-\
Quote from: noss
learnt something new just then, dont eat baked bean sandwhiches while changing the paper in the copier

"Noss is GOD"

Offline SmootH

• antrx.com full member
  • TRXTC
« Reply #4 on: Feb 19, 2005, 12:56PM »
kranzy couldnt haer anything of the sought, any other ideas hehe

Offline SmootH

• antrx.com full member
  • TRXTC
« Reply #5 on: Feb 19, 2005, 12:57PM »
yeah i guess they sought of sound like they re playing in a plastic box, they sound like they are farting hehe i dunno wat it could be ....

Offline SmootH

• antrx.com full member
  • TRXTC
« Reply #6 on: Feb 21, 2005, 09:26AM »
No more ideas, guess i will have to take it down to a car audio place then, thanks anyways guys....and girls....

Offline WantaTRX

• 1991 White TRX
« Reply #7 on: Feb 21, 2005, 10:59PM »
because mine sounds like that a bit, but not all the time, only when the ampy gets hot i think, the guy at northfield reckons its the sub, but i dpn't reckon it is, i think my amp is just runnin outa puff, because i have been runnin it off its ass the whole time i have had it... im so caring... if you try running a little less gain does it still sound the same?
quote from my friend "my VN will kick your 4 cylinder car's ass, coz its a 6 cylinder" haha

Offline SmootH

• antrx.com full member
  • TRXTC
« Reply #8 on: Feb 22, 2005, 09:28AM »
ill check it out.....and get bak to you, the thing is that i have always had it running the same and have never had this problem before...

Offline WantaTRX

• 1991 White TRX
« Reply #9 on: Feb 22, 2005, 11:46PM »
ah ok, so you're not running it particularly hard? did it get really hot at some stage that you can think of? I would lay the blame on the amp, because i was usin my mates amp cranked full and it sounded shweet... so yeah... where abouts are you by the way?

Offline SmootH

• antrx.com full member
  • TRXTC
« Reply #10 on: Apr 26, 2005, 11:57AM »
well after all that, it was never the subs or the amp at all, went to a tower audio in oakleigh for them to take a look and found out it was the box that had a leak in it, so asked them how much to fix the box and they quoted me something like $150, so i said stuff that, went and paid $60 for some mdf and screws, built one myself with a mate in 2hours and they sound good as gold.....thanks for the help anyways guys