Author Topic: What to buy?  (Read 2529 times)

Offline Blackbird SSS

• antrx.com pre-pewbie newbie
What to buy?
« on: Mar 3, 2011, 05:15PM »
Okay, i got a Nissan u13 SSS.  (sr20det)   
- Turbo has blew up as the boost controller is fucked. - what turbo do i buy for this (how much and where from) and should i run factory boost or get another boost controller - if so which one/ how much?

2nd i have an 83 nissan bluebird GX
- Me being smart decided to rev it up in neutral at waterford (brisbane/ logan) and dump it in first! im assuming if snapped something. it makes grinding noises and the diff/ drivetrain only meshes after playing with it for a while then it slips out.

Ok, can anyone help i live in bris dont know what the fuck im doing with the turbo. and by the description of the datto whats it sound like?
any helps great guys.

Cheers

Offline Budgie

• Dr. B Udgie - AWD FTW
  • Administrator
  • post whore
  • U12-U13
Re: What to buy?
« Reply #1 on: Mar 3, 2011, 07:49PM »
If stock turbo is a T25G
dont piss me off with your pillarless shit captain snappy wrist

Offline mendezcr

• antrx.com full member
« Reply #2 on: Mar 11, 2011, 02:59PM »
Agree with budgie.. the garret t25 non-ball bearing is the original turbo for the U12-U13's.. top boost 15-16psi if the boost controller is bad function and charge all the psi obviously that's the reason....
Can also use the T28 from the GTiR and Avenir but need a little mod due to space jeje.... this if you don't want to keep it like stock..
Friend of mine bought a R32 Skyline and the boost controller give problems and he needed to say good by to the turbo...as I heard the turbo that comes with the RB20 if it's over boos.. well.. you better say bye bye to it because of the material of the center piece of the turbo....again thats what I heard...  ;D  ;D

Good luck any ways bro with the turbo decision..  8)

Offline Blackbird SSS

• antrx.com pre-pewbie newbie
« Reply #3 on: Mar 14, 2011, 04:32PM »
Yeah, It was taken into the turbo joint just outta the city, im sure they put a t28g in from what i understand. they needed to change an adapter plate for the external wastegate ( i think ).

Okay, now iv looked at all the guides and its a fucken pain in the ass to get the turbo off.      says i need to take the exaust off at the catback... the car doesnt have a cat on it. and theres a bolt on the inside of the exaust that i cant get to.      this cars shitting me off!!   any helps appreciated boys cheers for the turbo advice/