Author Topic: BLUEBIRD AUDIO  (Read 2427 times)

Offline icfreely

• antrx.com junior member
  • Bluebird Reprazent
BLUEBIRD AUDIO
« on: Dec 3, 2008, 09:13PM »
hi guys! i just recently bought 6.5inch splits and i thought id better ask before i started opening crap up. Would the 6.5" speakers fit nicely or no? would i need a mounting kit?

ALSO!!! i think bluebirds come with factory tweeters that are powered by seperate amps in the trunk. HOWEVER.. my new tweeters come with this box thing where u screw wires into the holes ..  i forget what its called ( im a noob :( ) but yeah so do i have to put my wires into that box thing because the wiring is pretty much already done for me?

thanks for ur help :( and sorry for being such a noob
« Last Edit: Dec 3, 2008, 09:26PM by icfreely »
An eye for an eye will make the world blind...

Offline snailman

• GOC 180' man
  • antrx.com senior member
  • 1994 U13 SSS BLUEY
Re: BLUEBIRD AUDIO
« Reply #1 on: Dec 3, 2008, 11:23PM »
depends what car u have i'm gunna assume a u13, if so yes, they came with stock amps

are they front or back splits first of all?
i'd guess front...
i would have a guess they would fit in, can't be too sure as i haven't really looked at my front speakers, but i think the ones that are in already are mounted so ud just shove your new ones in their place
if they are for the back however you would need a mounting kit because 6x9's are already installed in the rear

as for a box thing on your tweeters im not too sure what you're talkin about best bet would just be run the wires that are already connected to the existing tweeters onto your new ones, save alot of hassle unless your thinking of rewiring the whole system and chucking new amps and stuff in,

hope this helps, if you got ne questions feel free to msg :D

good luck!

*edit* -just checked u do own a u13 so above information should be ok - snailman
« Last Edit: Dec 3, 2008, 11:36PM by snailman »
loves doing 180's up great ocean road... not!

Offline P-Unit

• antrx.com full member
« Reply #2 on: Dec 4, 2008, 05:19PM »
The wire thing is most likely a passive crossover, the signal goes into the box and tweeter and midrange signal comes out. An aftermarket head unit will most likely power a set of splits with a passive crossover better than attempting to use a factory amp with an aftermarket head unit.

Offline icfreely

• antrx.com junior member
  • Bluebird Reprazent
« Reply #3 on: Dec 5, 2008, 03:34PM »
Ahk ic ic. That box i was talkin about has sumtn to do with loudness and decibles.
And rewiring takes ages. Looooool. Ty for ur help guys. Im just gna use existing wires and amps for th new speakers lol. C how i go. Thnx agen. Xoxoxoxo
An eye for an eye will make the world blind...

Offline Jono

• The Wise Man
  • Global Moderator
  • post whore
  • memory boy!
« Reply #4 on: Dec 5, 2008, 10:57PM »
The best thing to do would be to take your car to someone who knows what they are doing.

6.5" speakers will fit in the front, but they don't fit straight in, you do need to make a new mounting plate for them.

Yes you do need to use the crossovers, connect the factory wiring to the input of the crossover and follow the rest of the wiring diagram that came with the speakers.
#1 Post Wh0re
pringles was here!