Author Topic: aftermarket intercooler for attesa u13  (Read 4867 times)

Offline 20vgs

• antrx.com junior member
aftermarket intercooler for attesa u13
« on: Apr 7, 2008, 08:54PM »
hi, i was just wondering if anyone of you attesa owners have had any experience with all jap "cooling pro" intetrcoolers,or perhaps any other that you could reccommend. i,m thinking  450 -500 wide between the tanks. 300 high, 100 deep.thanks all,graham

Offline JelloBello

• Attesa Driver
  • west oz local moderator
  • post whore
  • Got Pastie?
Re: aftermarket intercooler for attesa u13
« Reply #1 on: Apr 7, 2008, 09:13PM »
If by all jap you mean just jap then yes :)

This is exactly what i have in my car, http://justjap.com/store/product.php?productid=16940&cat=0&page=1

Does the job well. It's a 450x300x76mm with 3inch inlet/outlet, fits nicely behind the bumper and integrates with the stock piping. All you need to fit it is 2x 2.25 -> 3inch reducers + clamps to suit.

More details are here: http://www.antrx.com/smf/index.php/topic,13883.msg220080.html#msg220080
1994 u13 SSS Attesa ftw. Project thread here
13.876 @ 98.83mph

Offline Luke

• 173kw @ all 4
  • sth. oz local moderator
  • antrx.com junkie
« Reply #2 on: Apr 7, 2008, 09:29PM »

600x300x76. But I would suggest going only 500 wide. With the 600, we have had a lot of trouble fitting the pipes, cos they are on the bends pretty much. Take note, trying to make your own bent joiners out of an old car tube and Kwik Grip, does work, until your car comes on boost LMAO!
Jason reffering to the OzVR4 Forum... "Even their forum is slow" "FJ20.com on the other hand, yep that S12 does Mono's"

Offline 20vgs

« Reply #3 on: Apr 7, 2008, 10:56PM »
yes, jello, just jap is what i meant.. i actually have a custom made 470 x 250 x 65, now about 6 years old. i am looking for a bit more cooling capacity,and i think the extra depth will help.i know we will have to chop the bar a bit, but mainly on the rear of it.yours looks a1 ok..

Offline Luke

• 173kw @ all 4
  • sth. oz local moderator
  • antrx.com junkie
« Reply #4 on: Apr 7, 2008, 11:20PM »
What makes you think you dont already have enough cooling power? Have you felt your cool side end tank after a big boost session?
Jason reffering to the OzVR4 Forum... "Even their forum is slow" "FJ20.com on the other hand, yep that S12 does Mono's"

Offline 20vgs

« Reply #5 on: Apr 8, 2008, 09:45AM »
when we dynoed the old motor last year, the tuner from mercury motorsport said that the intercooler was only just up to it. he suggested an upgrade.We also need to upgrade the high flowed (600cc)injectors.(79% duty cycle). i have now completely rebuilt the motor to run 1.5-2 bar boost,so i dont want to take any chances.

Offline lgee

• post whore
  • Attesa Racer
    • WheelTech Racing
« Reply #6 on: Apr 8, 2008, 10:10AM »
i also have just jap cooler but i am going to a greedy tube in fin style which cools better by design but 3 times the price, if you use nissan datascan in you can record the intake temp and log it to a laptop while you are out giving it a hard time as well as checking all the other functions of the engine and that sort of thing but you will be able to tell if your cooler is working properly, remenber old school rule of thumb for every 4 deg you reduce the air intake temp you gain 1 horsepower, thats why cold air intake and intercoolers work to give you better power.

Offline phreeky

• antrx.com senior member
« Reply #7 on: Apr 8, 2008, 04:57PM »
I ditched the old 600 wide cooler I had and went 450 wide. How did Mercury Motorsport determine the old one wasn't up to it? Just a wild guess I'd say, or to be safe, or to make a sale. 450x300x75 or so should be good for a fair whack of power.

The 450 wide cooler sits nicely between the stock piping holes. When I bought my car it already had the 600 wide cooler with really dodgy old piping, so I couldn't use the stock piping, so I've just run 2" piping all the way. I personally doubt going any bigger would be required until making some substantial power - hell, even turbos a fair amount bigger than stock still only have a 2" outlet on them.

http://www.clubpoint.net/bluebird/intercooler/Img_9526.jpg