Author Topic: start here...  (Read 108549 times)

Offline pedro666

• post whore
  • VET NEO VVL is how I roll...
Re: start here...
« Reply #360 on: Mar 19, 2012, 03:33PM »
ya sorry about that... ::)
the words "race car" spelled backward still spell "race car"? 

skype_shannan801

Offline vp920b

• antrx.com junior member
« Reply #361 on: May 26, 2012, 02:10PM »
Hi Guys,

I just bought my self a Pintara U12 T-sport with K24E engine.

I wondering who I can look for, for the ECU chip tune?

Since it's on the front of webpage.

I will do some convertion with bluebird u13 from my mates car because he just get a hoon law defect. LOL. So I will use his car as a donor.

Thanks guys..

Offline matt_mcilwhan

• antrx.com pre-pewbie newbie
« Reply #362 on: Jul 26, 2012, 12:40AM »
Hi guys, my names Matt (obviously) and I dont actually own a Pintara, currently an ae92 corolla seca. Am interested in moving on to a U12 TRX though.

Just had a few questions basically. How does the Pintara vary to the JDM Bluebird SSS? (suspension and brake components? I assume the SSS had an SR20DET? Bumpers n stuff?)

I'm into the 'jdm' scene (for lack of a better term, jdm doesnt mean a damn thing anymore...) here in Sydney, active on twincam.org.au and jdmst, and I like tastefully modded cars, and thats the sort of approach i'd take to a TRX, just as I have with my seca- its not even an SX lol. But yeah, nice to find that theres actually a forum for these cars, they seem to have a lot of potential, especially as sleepers ahah.

Offline ozeford

Re: Re: start here...
« Reply #363 on: Nov 26, 2012, 07:35AM »
Hi peoples just registered and thought I will hi, currently just started a new job and am starting to look for a second work car and I've came across the Nissan pintara which looks like a good car, looking at one for $600ono with just the gauges not working on it etc and manual etc,

Currently have a ford ef Fairmont which needs to go in the carport (all I got for a garage atm) to get things done on it, hence also the second car.

Anyways just wanted to say hi and will defiantly post pics when if I get the one I'm looking at.

Hope this is the right place to put this.

Sent from my HTC Desire HD using Tapatalk 2
Own a Ford EF Fairmont - Stock Atm.

Looking at a Nissan Pintara has a second car for work, plus learn to drive a stick!

Offline Patt93

« Reply #364 on: Dec 13, 2012, 07:26PM »
Hi names Pat (Obviously), I'm situated around the northern suburbs of Melbourne
I recently Bought a '89 Pintara T manual with a Ka24e with 133,000km's on it.

The car is stock as could be but came with a Clarion head unit and kenwood tweeters and 6x9's on the parcel shelf installed by the previous owner.
Major issues recently was the starter motor decided to blow up, the radiator/ engine seems to either like its coolant or has a slow leak and Car is missing the odd bits and pieces (as most cars do).
Only thing I've added so far is my old pioneer amp and 1200w Sub.

Future plans for the car include in particular order (money and time dependant); exhaust + Extractors, air filter (Pod), lowered, wheels, TRX body kit, upgraded cam and ecu chip.
If by anyone happens to be selling any of the main parts please let me know.

Cheers guys see you around.

Offline pedro666

• post whore
« Reply #365 on: Dec 13, 2012, 09:58PM »
welcome guys,
as for upgraded parts , always check the for sale section, it gets pretty busy sometimes....and don't forget the search function.

skype_shannan801

Offline qstanza

« Reply #366 on: Feb 26, 2013, 12:24PM »
hi my name is quinton. i am from spokane wa USA and i have a 1990 nissan stanza XE.
Shortly i am going to begin my project motor swap to a sr20det. this will be my first project car/first time doing really anything to a car..
wish me luck and i hope to find some good information to help :)

Offline noss

• Administrator
  • post whore
  • great scott!
    • antrx
« Reply #367 on: Mar 4, 2013, 09:43AM »
welcome aboard quinton. you don't see many sr20 conversions to stanzas in the US. should give everyone quite the nice surprise!

http://polyfedelicio.us/imgs/ - free image hosting for whatever you like

Offline fofuxake

• antrx.com newbie with pewbies
« Reply #368 on: Mar 11, 2013, 10:24PM »
Grant from the Goldy here. Picked up a U12 TRX for $500 three days ago. Engine is buttery, especially for a car with 250k on the clock and a scoop bolted to the bonnet that leads nowhere, so I was pleasantly surprised. It has been lowered, and I stuck the Alpine headdy out of the old Forrester today, otherwise it is waiting for FR wheel bearing, some engine mounts, a bit of body and dash work. Mod wise, I figure i might as well start with a bit of CAI considering I already have a hole in the bonnet... After that, who knows? Hesitant to do the exhaust cos I love the note coming from the stocker. All I know is I'm keen to get her back to better than her former glory.

Offline tiger76

« Reply #369 on: May 14, 2013, 06:22PM »
hi there i'm roy, just joined today.
Currently doing up a 03/90 u12 pintara t sedan with the ka24 motor.
 my ride is a 90 pintara t fwd 2.4ltr  stand set up...
re my profile pic of my ride doing up first then see maybe hoting it up
but starting to find it hard to get new parts in Australia for it

Offline SHEPARD*KAIHAKU

« Reply #370 on: Jun 2, 2013, 09:02PM »
hey guys, my name is gray and im 19 years old and im living in Seattle Washington.

ive been working on engines since i was in grade school have owned a bunch of cars but i just picked up my first u12 6 months ago for 600$ and its one of the coolest cars ive ever owned. even though its got a ka24e in it she moves lol. i have alot of plans coming up for her this summer like silvia brick headlights, super select grill, pintara front bumper and fenders, TRX side skirts, trx rear bumper with lip, bluebird sss-r hood and bluebird sss-r front seats. i plan on throwing a turbo on the single slammer or building a sr20ve to throw into the car. id give you guys a link to my facebook page to look at my car but i cant post links apparently.
MAJESTIC*GARAGE U12 ZOMBIE

Offline deviate

• antrx.com senior member
« Reply #371 on: Jun 18, 2013, 09:00PM »
Welcome Roy and Gray

Offline 4hire

• HID Worklight
« Reply #372 on: Jul 22, 2013, 03:30AM »
Hello im new in this community from QLD looking for informational topics with you guys... So go easy to me... Cheers :D

Offline deviate

« Reply #373 on: Oct 10, 2013, 07:44AM »
Welcome to antrx where in QLD are you

Offline {[ DaMuN ]}

• rock the boat?
« Reply #374 on: May 1, 2014, 09:30PM »
Hi my names David and i own a Pintara  :) this place is like pintaras anonymous.

So i got a 1992 super-hatch T auto with less than 70K on the clock. just a rough guess as the clock has stopped at 56K but being my grandmas car i know it hasn't done more than that. Not much wrong with it, driver side back door central locking doesn't work and miner body damage, mostly car park crap. Nothing serious right  ;D

I've had my fair share of modified cars but this is my first pintara and first on a tight budget. See a few years back i crashed my ute and was badly injured leaving me a paraplegic. I got my license back and bought this little granny car and had it modified for hand operated brake/acceleration.

Ever since i got the car i have been stalking this website so i figure it was about time to join and see what the community is like from inside the circle. I'm not sure which way to go with this car its a strange shape, not a wagon not a hatch. i figure i will slowly add little pieces to it until it becomes something or anything haha we will see.
« Last Edit: May 10, 2014, 04:47PM by {[ DaMuN ]} »

Offline detailed_motorsports

« Reply #375 on: May 13, 2014, 03:35AM »
Hey guys, my name is aaron im from MI, i have a 91 nissan stanza my end goal is a short course track car

Offline deviate

« Reply #376 on: Jul 4, 2014, 08:12AM »
Sorry for the slow response...  But welcome to the forum guys

Where are you located damun

Offline {[ DaMuN ]}

• rock the boat?
« Reply #377 on: Jul 4, 2014, 10:09PM »
I live in Gulgong NSW. A small little town. So small the cops knock off at 10pm!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline pedro666

• post whore
« Reply #378 on: Jul 5, 2014, 05:59PM »
welcome all, {[ DaMuN ]} could you post a photo of your mods re handbrake etc with your other pix, interested to see how you achieved this.

skype_shannan801

Offline {[ DaMuN ]}

• rock the boat?
« Reply #379 on: Jul 6, 2014, 09:38PM »
Posted the pics as requested on my other topic.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline zachperth

« Reply #380 on: Sep 7, 2014, 03:20AM »
Hello!   My names Zach I'm 21 and I'm from Perth, I have a 1989 U12 Pintara, had it for almost 6 months now as my last car a 1992 Ford Corsair had its rear breaks fail :'(  was going to cost well over $1000 to get it fixed so got my current car for $900 and am using the Corsair for parts :)

Offline noss

• Administrator
  • post whore
  • great scott!
    • antrx
« Reply #381 on: Sep 8, 2014, 08:14AM »
welcome zac.

Offline nowhereman

« Reply #382 on: Oct 23, 2014, 11:08AM »
Howdy all, new member here.

I've just bought a '91 Pintara Executive hatch. This will be a second car to be used as a runabout and eventually will be given to my daughter when she gets her licence. My main car, an MB 1992 W140 600SEL, is a bit much just to do the shopping and is currently off the road to do some engine work. I use it mainly as a land yacht for interstate trips at which it excels, but a 6 litre V12 lugging around 2200 kg is a bit pricey on fuel for city use.

The Pintara is quite low mileage, about 107K km and exceptionally clean. But the CA20E in it has a lot of blow by and I reckon the rings are worn out. I know this to be a common fault from owning an S12 Gazelle many years ago. I can fix that cheaply myself next year once my Benz is back on the road.

I would have rather had a KA24 based car; I almost bought a TRX years ago and liked it a lot. I've checked the forum for engine swap info but they are all quite old. What is the state of play regarding engines now? Are they still easy and/or cheap to come by? I'm not interested in a hi-po car, just a good reliable one for a first time driver. Probably just doing the rings on the current engine will be enough but I'd like to know my options.

Offline deviate

« Reply #383 on: Oct 25, 2014, 07:47AM »
In Queensland you can pick up a ka24 in decent condition for around 300, though it would probably be easier to pick up a cheap car with the ka and do it that way

Offline benno190

« Reply #384 on: Nov 22, 2014, 05:34PM »
Hey All,

My name is Ben, Living in Victoria
And I drive a 1991 Ford Corsair Ghia
Full 2.5 Inch Sport exhaust..... Many more Mods to come :)
1991 Ford Corsair GHIA
KA24E 2.4 Ltr

Offline PinTR.x

• 1990 Nissan Pintara TRX
« Reply #385 on: Jan 31, 2015, 05:55PM »
Hey everyone, I'm Mick and I'm stuck with u12 pintaras haha.  :P

Offline noss

• Administrator
  • post whore
  • great scott!
    • antrx
« Reply #386 on: Feb 2, 2015, 08:05AM »
haha "stuck" :P welcome mick.

Offline PinTR.x

• 1990 Nissan Pintara TRX
« Reply #387 on: Feb 2, 2015, 10:23AM »
Thanks noss. Yes it all started with a u12 executive I brought. Within 1000kms I had a cracked radiator. Which then lead to overheat , blown head gasket and losing the drive in my auto. it was an expensive excersise that lead to me fixing it up and driving it for another 4 - 5 years no major dramas since. I just recently found a clean low Km TRX planning to sell it. But after making a few repairs and a good service I refuse to let this thing go haha. I'm stuck and I don't give an asshat. :P good to meet you all I'm sure im in the right place here :D

Offline K24godzilla

« Reply #388 on: Jun 2, 2015, 10:25PM »
hey all names Tom, father, web dev and all round car tinkerer.

hope to gain some more knowledge here and also impart some if i can.

have a motorsport background and have owned some of nissans finest, among other makes.

recently acquired a 93 sss bluebird which needed rescuing and having fun giving it a new lease on life.

cheers,
t.

Offline pedro666

• post whore
« Reply #389 on: Jun 3, 2015, 07:33PM »
welcome,you should find any info you need .The search function is pretty useful. if its not there someone should be able to help.

skype_shannan801