Author Topic: Will a Nissan Pulsar 2001 gear knob fit an 84 Pintara?  (Read 4023 times)

Offline self_defined

• antrx.com newbie with pewbies
Can anyone help? I have someone who's interested in buying my 2001 Pulsar leather gear knob but they're not sure if it would fit into an 84 Pintara. The gear knob is a genuine Nissan part which came originally with the car when I bought it brand new.

I'm assuming it would fit any car because it is a genuine part. Am I right to say that?

Offline Jecks

• antrx.com pit crew
  • Global Moderator
  • post whore
    • antrx.com
Re: Will a Nissan Pulsar 2001 gear knob fit an 84 Pintara?
« Reply #1 on: Feb 16, 2006, 09:25AM »
it depends... is it just the knob? or is it the entire shifter??
I'm sick of my knob going all floppy and loose in my hand  :P 
I've been on probation for 21 years, can't make a decision without consulting the wife first  ::)

Offline Kranzy

• Administrator
  • post whore
  • U12 - SR20DET
« Reply #2 on: Feb 16, 2006, 09:34AM »
Im pretty sure its just the knob and if it is all you need to do is unscrew it from yours and if it screws in on his then it will fit. The only problem your going to have is if you were intending on posting the gear knob to him in which case you would need to organise something if it doesnt fit or try and find someone locally that you can test it on.
Quote from: noss
learnt something new just then, dont eat baked bean sandwhiches while changing the paper in the copier

"Noss is GOD"

Offline self_defined

« Reply #3 on: Feb 16, 2006, 09:41AM »
Yeah...I'll be posting it to the guy. We'll see how it goes. I have a return policy if it doesn't waork out so I guess he has nothing to worry about...

Thanks.

Offline Jecks

• antrx.com pit crew
  • Global Moderator
  • post whore
    • antrx.com
« Reply #4 on: Feb 16, 2006, 09:47AM »
By the way, i hope you intend on sticking around... i dont find it nice if you just joined to get you info and piss off...
I'm sick of my knob going all floppy and loose in my hand  :P 
I've been on probation for 21 years, can't make a decision without consulting the wife first  ::)

Offline self_defined

« Reply #5 on: Feb 16, 2006, 09:50AM »
That's not very nice language is it? I may stick around if the moderators are little more polite than you are...

Offline Carbon-goodness

• On ya bike!
  • post whore
  • self confessed antrx cycling nut
« Reply #6 on: Feb 16, 2006, 10:22AM »
i suppose as long as the diameter of the shifters are the same, i don't see why ur pulsar gear knob wouldn't fit the pintara shifter?

That's not very nice language is it? I may stick around if the moderators are little more polite than you are...

hmmm, i feel a bit o' tension between u and jecks.... perhaps if u introduce urself and tells us what u got (ie: car), then everyone gets off on the right foot

its like at work when customers come up to me and i say, "hi how r u?" they reply, "i want x, y and z. give it to me now......." no real biggie - as most customers do it without realising, but it just shits me!

anywho mate, do us all and urself favour and go post up an "intro" thread in the "noob" section and i'm sure u'll be greeted with open arms - willcommen!
If somebody asks you, "can I ask you a question?" and you say, "no",  you're actually answering a question. Think about it....