Author Topic: The grille?  (Read 2988 times)

Offline wak GLi

• antrx.com newbie with pewbies
  • wak pinny... just wait till i get a r32 gtr
The grille?
« on: Aug 2, 2005, 11:00PM »
hey guys
I was stairing at my pinny today and I noticed somthing... that standard grille is ghay and I have to find somthing to replace it with.
That’s where u guys come in, are there any grills that are the same size and shape but minus the wakness? Im talking maybe an R31 skyline or possibly a camery?
Throw sum ideas at me as to what would look pimping on my beast, I know u wanna reply guys... even if it is just to comment on my phresh typing and spelling stylez  :P (im looking at u Tas)

Offline Budgie

• Dr. B Udgie - AWD FTW
  • Administrator
  • post whore
  • U12-U13
Re: The grille?
« Reply #1 on: Aug 2, 2005, 11:04PM »
Grrrr... search.

http://www.antrx.com/smf/index.php?topic=7870.0

http://www.antrx.com/smf/index.php?topic=2176.0

I'm locking this because you've pissed me off too much...
dont piss me off with your pillarless shit captain snappy wrist

Offline Budgie

• Dr. B Udgie - AWD FTW
  • Administrator
  • post whore
  • U12-U13
« Reply #2 on: Aug 4, 2005, 09:28PM »
Shit, i'm a dick.  Didn't see that this was the in he R31 section... but neither did you say you owned/drove an R31.

I saw 'gli' and thought manual CA20E FWD pintara.

Unlocked!
dont piss me off with your pillarless shit captain snappy wrist

Offline B. J.

• antrx.com junior member
  • RB20det R31 Pintara!!!
« Reply #3 on: Aug 5, 2005, 02:17PM »
Thanks Budgie... ;)

Being a Pintara, unfortunatly there isnt much you can do, Although if you have the time and money, you could convert the Pintarta front to Ser3 Skyline front end (Boonet, Grill, Lights, Filler Panel, Bumper skin, etc etc)

you could also look at picking up a pair of Ser1/2 Skyline 'spotters' which work like a treat! and that will give way to the smaller Grill which can be modded more easily.  like Such:

or this:

its all a bit of imagination, the right tools, some filler, paint and spare or 2 incase you stuff up  ;)

Offline PRINCE R31

• antrx.com newbie with pewbies
  • GOT CUBES?
« Reply #4 on: Aug 25, 2005, 01:40AM »
My car was originaly a series 1 R31 with an CA20E, which now has had a VG30E dropped into it.  I changed the bumper to a series 3 GTS 2 door. Then I changed the headlights to series 3's, but couldnt use the original grill (which is crapy anyway), so I got the Ti series 2 honey comb groll with the S badge and in order to have that installed you need to get a series 2-3 front filler panel which is very expensive and made of fiber glass.  If you stick to your series 1 bonet, you will have a gap between the grill and bonnet (middle section), wich doesent look too bad, more air flow.  If you like, I can get some pics organized. 

You could try the series 1-2 spotters with the series 3 standard or gts front bar which would look good, but you will have to change the filler panel and grill.

Also if you wana change the tailights to the hotplates, and if you want to use the series 3 rear garnish, you will have to drill holes and cut into your existing boot backing were the numberplate sits to fit it, because series 3 has the backing part seperate from the boot I think. 

Hope this helps you out.
« Last Edit: Aug 25, 2005, 01:52AM by PRINCE R31 »
DORI! DORI!

And YES! It's RWD this time!