Author Topic: martial arts  (Read 11174 times)

Offline Legend Killer

• antrx.com senior member
martial arts
« on: Jan 3, 2008, 10:12PM »
Was looking through some threads and notice some people on here do muai thai kickboxing. Was wandering wat martial arts you guys do or have done. Im a 3rd degree blackbelt in tae kwon do. And have made the qld team 2 yrs running and once for the australian team
TRX POWER!!!

Offline Byas

Re: martial arts
« Reply #1 on: Jan 3, 2008, 10:47PM »
so im guessing we avoid pissing you off???

me personally... SFA... i just know people who are trained and or alot bigger than i am... its worked so far :P
Nissan Pintara Gli
Ford Laser WRC

Offline Legend Killer

« Reply #2 on: Jan 4, 2008, 04:03PM »
Nah i try and avoid fights there is no need for them. SFA??? at first i thought it was street fighter but saw the a so wasnt sure
TRX POWER!!!

Offline JelloBello

• Attesa Driver
  • west oz local moderator
  • post whore
  • Got Pastie?
« Reply #3 on: Jan 4, 2008, 04:55PM »
SFA = Sweet fuck all

I also fall into the SFA category of martial arts training
1994 u13 SSS Attesa ftw. Project thread here
13.876 @ 98.83mph

Offline Legend Killer

« Reply #4 on: Jan 4, 2008, 05:22PM »
lol ok den
TRX POWER!!!

Offline Benji

• antrx.com full member
« Reply #5 on: Feb 28, 2008, 07:08PM »
im a kitchenhand, which falls under the category of Ninja

Offline Legend Killer

« Reply #6 on: Feb 28, 2008, 10:44PM »
im a kitchenhand, which falls under the category of Ninja

well if thats true that makes us both ninja's since im a kitchen hand as well  :P
TRX POWER!!!

Offline Jecks

• antrx.com pit crew
  • Global Moderator
  • post whore
    • antrx.com
« Reply #7 on: Feb 29, 2008, 07:53AM »
yes i do muay thai, i practice the "muay pra nakorn" form, which focuses on speed and balance...
im am a blue kruang ruang, which out of 6 rankings is the third...

i wouldnt mind doing tae kwon do, i would love to be able to do all those flipping kicks and multiple kicks and stuff...
I'm sick of my knob going all floppy and loose in my hand  :P 
I've been on probation for 21 years, can't make a decision without consulting the wife first  ::)

Offline Legend Killer

« Reply #8 on: Feb 29, 2008, 11:49AM »
yes i do muay thai, i practice the "muay pra nakorn" form, which focuses on speed and balance...
im am a blue kruang ruang, which out of 6 rankings is the third...

i wouldnt mind doing tae kwon do, i would love to be able to do all those flipping kicks and multiple kicks and stuff...

Yeah tae kwon do is good for that kinda stuff just make sure you dont go to a mcdojo lol.. Basically thats like a club who have little kids or isnt a proper tkd club. Ive been interested on doing muay thai for a while now. where i live we have tournaments with the kickboxers ill have to get some videos and upload them for ya all to look out
TRX POWER!!!

Offline Ammerty

• post whore
  • GT - AHHHHH!!
« Reply #9 on: Mar 6, 2008, 04:59PM »
I was doing muai thai kickboxing with ATI martial arts, i was blue belt 1st degree and left, went back this year to get back into it and ended up getting a job with too many hours so i dont have time to train anymore
i did local comps but nothing really big, i had an advantage when i started as i was doing national gymnastics before kickboxing but i broke my arm back then n never got back into it, obviously ended up doing muai thai kickboxing.
Quote from: SECLUDED

When are you not drunk Ammerty...lol  ::) ;D

Offline lgee

• post whore
  • Attesa Racer
    • WheelTech Racing
« Reply #10 on: Feb 15, 2009, 03:53PM »
I studied Aikido, Fuji Ryu style, made 3rd kyu only, i also trained in judo and karate, had a lay off for a while and decided to go back to training, i found a Dojo 5 mins from my home, the first night i turned up to train the guy had decided to close the Dojo for finacial reasons, now i have to travel 45 mins to train im thinking of going back to karate which is closer instead

Offline Jecks

• antrx.com pit crew
  • Global Moderator
  • post whore
    • antrx.com
« Reply #11 on: Feb 15, 2009, 04:01PM »
just an update guys...

i am now a "Kru" muay thai kick boxer...

which means i am a qualified instructor.
I've been on probation for 21 years, can't make a decision without consulting the wife first  ::)

Offline evlknvl

« Reply #12 on: Feb 15, 2009, 04:35PM »
Goju-kyu (karate) for a few years, brown belt . Most of my mates are Sempai's (junior instructor's). Been a while since i've trained but been in the interstate comp's. Wouldn't mind doing a bit of thai kickboxing for the body conditioning side of it though, they are wild when it comes to that. They can take a beating. :)

Offline Legend Killer

« Reply #13 on: Feb 15, 2009, 07:24PM »
For the last 3 months at my club we have had a mma/ufc trainer from america whose on holidays but wanted somewhere to train and he has been training us. Great experience ive been lovin it if only my town had a club i would join
TRX POWER!!!

Offline sxtacy

« Reply #14 on: Feb 15, 2009, 08:11PM »
Was a brown belt in karate a fair few years ago... Just reading this thread makes me want to get back into something, was thinking kickboxing of some kind, I might look at the muay thai kickboxing...
nothing.

Offline evlknvl

« Reply #15 on: Feb 17, 2009, 07:22PM »
Hey Legend, who is the trainer from ufc? Watch nearly every ufc event, those guys are wild. It's progressed to a much more strategic/skilled sport. You have to be alot more diverse in all areas to be competitive in it these days. Not just big arse blokes trying to BEAT/KNOCK each other out, poor ol Tank Abbott wouldn't even go close the way it is now, hell of a lot smarter fighting.

Offline Legend Killer

« Reply #16 on: Feb 17, 2009, 08:03PM »
His name is Evan not quite sure what his last name is his from california and is only small something like 65kg
TRX POWER!!!

Offline Brass Monkey

• antrx.com junior member
« Reply #17 on: Mar 25, 2009, 07:44PM »
 i wouldnt mind doing tae kwon do but i dunno im about 6 foot tall so i dont think id be able to do all the flips n flying kicks

Offline Jecks

• antrx.com pit crew
  • Global Moderator
  • post whore
    • antrx.com
« Reply #18 on: Mar 25, 2009, 07:52PM »
i wouldnt mind doing tae kwon do but i dunno im about 6 foot tall so i dont think id be able to do all the flips n flying kicks

thats why i do muay thai...

Offline Craazy

• Resident Attesa Driver
  • antrx cruise monkey
  • post whore
  • Lovin it long time
« Reply #19 on: Mar 25, 2009, 08:47PM »
its a bad claim to fame....... but 1st dan brown belt in ninjitsu when i was 13, should have kept doing it but moving interstate and not finding anyone down here that was close at the time stopped that quickly.

wouldnt mind picking it up again but wouldnt know where to start, would more than likely go back to white belt lol.

also did some of the weapons training which was pretty kick ass at the time. it was amazing how easily you could disarm some one in a split second even if you had no weapon.

where do you do muay thai jecks??

The Time Has Come To Battle It Out To The Death... SR24 vs KA24

The bluey must be revived to Life!!

Offline Legend Killer

« Reply #20 on: Mar 26, 2009, 12:59AM »
tae kwon do doesnt have any flips you can learn i guess like from gymnastics and put them into it but proper tae kwon do no flips just lots of fly kicks and jump kicks. Im 6 foot and i can do everything very easy just practice  ;)
TRX POWER!!!

Offline noss

• Administrator
  • post whore
  • great scott!
    • antrx
« Reply #21 on: Apr 1, 2009, 09:52AM »
i'm an awesome ninja

.gif]

http://polyfedelicio.us/imgs/ - free image hosting for whatever you like

Offline Jecks

• antrx.com pit crew
  • Global Moderator
  • post whore
    • antrx.com
« Reply #22 on: Apr 1, 2009, 10:07AM »
where do you do muay thai jecks??

ultimate martial arts in heathmont... its a bit of a trek up there, but eh

Offline chr1S

• r&d team
  • post whore
« Reply #23 on: Apr 5, 2009, 01:47PM »
just saw this thread!

I do muay thai, kickboxing, pankration, grappling - just MMA shit.

I suggest anyone do it, not because you learn to bash [i seem to suffer from tourettes]s, but from what I've noticed, walking down the street knowing you can work your way out of shit if something was to happen is a great feeling.
Don't let the opinions of the average man sway you. Dream, and he thinks you're crazy. Succeed, and he thinks you're lucky. Acquire wealth, and he thinks you're greedy. Pay no attention. He simply doesn't understand.

to be fair, it wouldn't be ANTRX if we stayed on topic.

and if someone wasn't cranky at Chr1s for something he said...

Offline SSS

• Administrator
  • post whore
« Reply #24 on: Oct 10, 2013, 07:41AM »
No offense, but out of your 27 posts on here, no one has been able to understand anything you have posted.

Clean it up and use proper grammar and punctuation.

Offline SSS

• Administrator
  • post whore
« Reply #25 on: Oct 10, 2013, 02:39PM »
Sorry to hear about your troubles.

I think you have misinterpreted what I said, just think about what you want to post, before you post it. You'll find other members (including myself) will be more then willing to help you out with answers / suggestions if you think about how you structure your posts.

We don't discriminate against people and their personal / health issues by the way, that would be poor form on anyone's behalf!

Offline Pure_Sincerity

• post whore
  • noss is my father
« Reply #26 on: Oct 10, 2013, 03:39PM »
I. Me,, 2 hav,x back.. Trouble!
U12 TRX
KA25DE
HIGH COMP
MEGASQUIRT
COILOVERS
INDIVIDUAL THROTTLE BODIES

Offline roadkill91

• antrx.com full member
« Reply #27 on: Oct 10, 2013, 10:29PM »
I. Me,, 2 hav,x back.. Trouble!
[Hey :-) that's no good :-( if u need advice!?! Don't hesitate as alough I am a bit wonded I am V V good at helping others with there pain,treatments,advice,exercises,& I understand,lol,I hope is not 2 much a different prob,ha.as I usually go through it if I have not allready have.ha ha,if I can help at all u think/ don't hesitate 2 ask!.! Ps,thanks for not sett  me up for more hard slaps.cheers.ps.
« Last Edit: Oct 10, 2013, 10:50PM by roadkill91 »

Offline roadkill91

• antrx.com full member
Re: MASTER SOME DUMB GUY
« Reply #28 on: Oct 24, 2013, 12:07AM »
HHEEE YYAHH :o .In the shed, car, road, U can practice anywhere any time >:( U need no prior learning.BUT it will test your patients and build up your indomitable spirit YES u do have one.AHH lets see,The cry of the CHI. like when boiling radiator water or steam smashes u quicker than a speeding radar fine/OR/The yell from within as some f.k  Has stole yeah machine  >:( Only 2 find you parked your car on  another car park level :-[. Hot sump oil trying 2 slip into ones cuts just for trying to make her feel fresh with an oil change ??? :o.The long Karate kid pose hop when a car part lands on youre toe/Or the scream of the butterfly as u do the unnamed kick with your toes as u try to slip by trying not to upset those layed-out car parts nuts and bolts whilst trying 2 be quiet :o .let alone the double palm block on the steering wheel cause for no reason she wont start when u are going to score on Friday Night cause u think your mechanicalness is all going as planned with the conscious after  focus technique of MAN this is F,c,D.And yes the fast acting reverse body move when yah mate bips the horn when u are in the engine bay as  your patients are not at there best cause there in no time left.  >:(  U see its free,Universal,No Forign ;D  Instruction needed its as Aussie as can be,That double black belt wrap just 2 hold  your pants up ::)  As why don't it apply in the shed as one practices the ART of slipping in & out from under the car as u are contemplating your head butting elbow hitting & knuckle busting maneuversl accidently :D  Whilst remaining calm & composed  in a confind space just 2 hop out all greasy Whilst trying 2 hitch up yah strides, Multy tasking & listening 2 those voices of rumble in your gut,The voice in the back ground MAN I am starving as u try diligently 2to stay on task & saying 2 the voice within I have 2 get this part done now but fighting the F,,K I do really need to stop 4 a crap, ;D. Disappointment from correction when the wife goes u have dirt,oil & grease all over your good clothes we are late 2 go out louder than a tournament crowd,last final round the one two three typing cry  :'(  as you finally get your Nissan Black Belt degre only to see your finger hit the wrong key, Erasing all your ANTRX words faster than any one master  has ever seen :D, Last but not the least 2 whore yourself and say well F..K ME!!  :o  :D  Cheers 2 all us ever learning NISSAN BLACK BELTS :-*ps,

Offline krip88

• antrx.com junior member
« Reply #29 on: Oct 24, 2013, 09:32PM »
relax roadkill91, I'm sure SSS was suggesting you take a little more time when righting you posts so they are a bit clearer to what your trying to say. In saying that, some of your posts are a little hard to follow. Just my 2 cents worth.