Author Topic: Installing new audio system in the ol' Corsair Gl  (Read 3371 times)

Offline grogeye

• antrx.com newbie with pewbies
Installing new audio system in the ol' Corsair Gl
« on: Apr 17, 2012, 11:30PM »
Due to the shortage of clear information on installing 21st century audio gear in a 23-year-old Ford Corsair Gl, I've decided to recorded my adventure and discoveries. Hopefully it will be useful to fellow newbs.

Firstly, I have the age-old question of wires, but I've decided to present it with a video I took of the situation and what I think of it: [youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2NIc4Z0mOqk&context=C451ccf0ADvjVQa1PpcFMQYVN5kRwwQMzxWS2SjxQe1R8sWWVD7uk=[/youtube]

your feedback would be greatly appreciated!

Edit: The questions I have are A.) was my analysis of the cables correct and B.) is that thick cable in fact the antenna?
« Last Edit: Apr 17, 2012, 11:32PM by grogeye »

Offline Dazza

• antrx.com newbie with pewbies
Re: Installing new audio system in the ol' Corsair Gl
« Reply #1 on: Apr 19, 2012, 04:35AM »
I wasn't paying that much attention. But that sounds rite. and yes! the thick black cable is definitely the antenna. But basically look at the diagram, check online etc. Use a multimeter / voltmeter whatever u call it to make sure the wires are correct.

Offline JAWSTRX!

• antrx.com junkie
  • TRX STYLE!!!
Re: Installing new audio system in the ol' Corsair Gl
« Reply #2 on: Apr 19, 2012, 01:55PM »
That Blue wire i used for the Remote wire to my amp.. Think it maybe the power wire to raise and lower the Power Antenna on Ti's & Ghia's...
TRX 1-FORD FALCON 0