Author Topic: Radiator - Difference between auto and manual, engine size and R31, U12, U13  (Read 2892 times)

Offline SR20ME

• antrx.com full member
Hi guys

I am just wondering if you can verify a few things regarding radiators for the U12. I'm needing a replacement radiator.

1) There is a difference between auto and manual radiators?      I can use an auto radiator if I have a manual. On some makes of cars you can't obviously whilst others it doesn't matter.
2)Do radiator sizes vary between engine sizes of the U12?       For example, the CA20 vs KA24?
3)Will an R31 radiator or U13 radiator fit a U12?       I see on ebay heaps of advertisements for U12 radiators that are included in advertising for U13 radiators also.

Any advice would be great as I need a good radiator ASAP.

Offline SR20ME

• antrx.com full member
Anyone know or have any idea on this??? Thank you in advance.

Offline Dragon

• What do they call a mini pringle!?!
  • antrx cruise monkey
  • antrx.com full member
Hey, all from memory but should be correct.

Auto radiator has an oil cooler on the bottom for a.t. fluid, manual doesn't have cooler.
So can use auto on manual.  Can't use manual on auto.

Ka24 and ca20 radiators are the same

No idea about r31 or u13... i think they would be different as the r31 is north south and the ka-de i think has a differnt water entry location for hoses. But unsure.

just looked at ebay and the u13 should fit.
 the r31 has the outlet on the opposite side.
« Last Edit: Jul 10, 2015, 11:48PM by Dragon »
"Noss is GOD"

Offline SR20ME

• antrx.com full member
Hey, all from memory but should be correct.

Auto radiator has an oil cooler on the bottom for a.t. fluid, manual doesn't have cooler.
So can use auto on manual.  Can't use manual on auto.

Ka24 and ca20 radiators are the same

No idea about r31 or u13... i think they would be different as the r31 is north south and the ka-de i think has a differnt water entry location for hoses. But unsure.

just looked at ebay and the u13 should fit.
 the r31 has the outlet on the opposite side.

Thanks Dragon for your help. Really appreciate it. I'll pick up a U12 radiator from the wreckers and test it today.

Offline pedro666

• post whore
  • VET NEO VVL is how I roll...
bots.. SR20ME , A GTIR  radiator will fit perfectly. You just spin the bottom 2 mounts around.
the words "race car" spelled backward still spell "race car"? 

skype_shannan801