Author Topic: Some suggestions needed  (Read 5892 times)

Offline Cle

• antrx cruise monkey
  • antrx.com senior member
  • Pinny Panthers
Some suggestions needed
« on: Aug 13, 2003, 09:45PM »
Ive been looking into ways to make my 87 pinny a little sexier.

http://www.antrx.com/yabb/index.php?board=2;action=display;threadid=1403

My dilemma is that there aren't a lot of "older" done up pinnys, well not that ive seen. Most of you guys seam to have the newer 90-92 Pinny/TRX's witch are down right sexy with out any thing done to em.  

Im open to suggestions and if any one has some pics or owns a sporter looking (older) pinny then speak up !!. Currently the only thing im seriously looking into is trying to find a pair of the round tail lights that can fit her, the only problem when i bought the car was that the current ones were cracked and not stuck on properly, Ive heard there are ones out there that will fit but im not sure if it's the "super" rare import ones or just a stock version.

Thanks.

Offline noss

• Administrator
  • post whore
  • great scott!
    • antrx
Re:Some suggestions needed
« Reply #1 on: Aug 13, 2003, 11:01PM »
personally i'd fit someting like an r31 skyline gtsr bodykite

http://polyfedelicio.us/imgs/ - free image hosting for whatever you like

Offline KNG P1N

• humpin ya mumma since '85
  • post whore
  • dont hate the player.....hate the game
« Reply #2 on: Aug 14, 2003, 10:25AM »
im doing up an 88 pintara, ive got a few ideas
And there's not much I can say
But we miss you every day
And I'm bitter 'cause it's unfair
We'll be drinkin' in the sun
Playing music having fun
Cause one day I'll see you there
R.I.P, M.M 1984 - 2005

Offline KNG P1N

• post whore
« Reply #3 on: Aug 14, 2003, 11:02AM »
ok im doin up an 88gxe so..
engine mods, extractors are a waste of time, for the amount u pay, it makes such  the tinyest of differnces. i reccomend just a high flow cat, 2" mild steel to a cannon (cannon looks great)
dont go 2 1/4" otherwise u will loose tourque. my pod made the biggest diffence on mine, the ca20's love air (ill send u some pics of how ive done mine) ive also got the stencil to make the heat wall.  also r31 clutches are crap, when i got mine it was somewhat pathetic, ive replaced it with something better, and its made the world of differnce.
im very busy atm, but ill send u some pics and more info asap
Playing music having fun
R.I.P, M.M 1984 - 2005

Offline chucky

• CRUISE MONKEY
  • post whore
  • WHERES MY STICKER?
« Reply #4 on: Aug 14, 2003, 01:43PM »
if it was my car i'd look into spraying the dash a diff colour, that brown doesnt do much for me and i'd also be putting the car on its ass w00t, its all personal preference tho....*shrugs*
What do ralliart do??? make stickers???

Offline KNG P1N

• post whore
« Reply #5 on: Aug 14, 2003, 04:10PM »
ok, got some more time
in regards to the tail lights, u can put the hotplate style in, but my opinion is that its a waste of at least 200 bucks, its easier to just keep the ones uve got, fit them properly, cuz if u dont they will leak (this is from experience). if u wanna make em look better, u could get that black paint put in them to get that tinted look. but then again its up 2 u. for the hotplates, your lookin at 100 each from a wrecker. approx that is. mags should be cheap depending what u want, if u wanna go the rice boy look and get some huge arse chromies on it, my only advice is make sure the inside of the wheel dosent rub on the front caliper. the r31s have a wierd offset on the front this is due to this piece of cast iron that is on the front brake caliper. so always check b4 u buy (also from experience), if u are chasing just some second hand mags just to make it look neat and tidy, ull prob be able to find a set of the silouette mags on this or other forums, prob cost u 300-500 no tyres.ill find a pic of em if u dont know the ones im talkin about.
the r31 bodykits are as rare as a celeberaty paying tax, so if u wanna go one of them, i hope uve got money. im not sure about the trx kits fitting the r31 pinny's
NOSS (would u care to comment on this )
ill leave u ponder of these ideas, pm me if u have any q's or want more info
Playing music having fun
R.I.P, M.M 1984 - 2005

Offline KNG P1N

• post whore
« Reply #6 on: Aug 14, 2003, 04:30PM »
thr rims

[attachment deleted by admin]
Playing music having fun
R.I.P, M.M 1984 - 2005

Offline noss

• Administrator
  • post whore
  • great scott!
    • antrx
« Reply #7 on: Aug 14, 2003, 04:35PM »
well, anything is possible if you have the money.. u12 trx kits are rare too.. but if you could find one i dont doubt at all that you could make one fit.. just depends on time & money.. dunno how good it would look though.

there was an r31 pintara trx.. maybe the kit from that would be an idea? also r31 skyline chick (karina) from the r31 club knows of a place in canberra that makes r31 bodykits.. not the nicest looking kit apparently.. i'll try find a pic.. here we go..

personally i think that kit needs to be made a little more agressive.. possible with the sidskirts flaring out (if that makes sense to anyone but me) and a more pronounced front lip.. more similar to this..

anyway, there are some ideas.. but dont limit yourself to that..

http://polyfedelicio.us/imgs/ - free image hosting for whatever you like

Offline Cle

• antrx cruise monkey
  • Pinny Panthers
« Reply #8 on: Aug 15, 2003, 02:24AM »
ok im doin up an 88gxe so..
engine mods, extractors are a waste of time, for the amount u pay, it makes such  the tinyest of differnces. i reccomend just a high flow cat, 2" mild steel to a cannon (cannon looks great)
dont go 2 1/4" otherwise u will loose tourque. my pod made the biggest diffence on mine, the ca20's love air (ill send u some pics of how ive done mine) ive also got the stencil to make the heat wall.  also r31 clutches are crap, when i got mine it was somewhat pathetic, ive replaced it with something better, and its made the world of differnce.
im very busy atm, but ill send u some pics and more info asap

Im going to put extractors in for better fuel efficiency rather then more power & ive opted for a panel filter over the pod. Sadly Ipswich is the kinda place that has quite a few cops and lets just say they LOVE random "Inspections" so any thing that's illegial on the car will be pick up in a matter of weeks or months :( For this reasion ive opted to go for 16" wheels :) ive got the design picked out too ! ( in QLD wheels can't be more then 2" over the car stock Wheel size)

Well some thing similar at least :) the colour looks great against the car :)

After reading what people said about Zorst i decide id go 2" any way just to be safe :) personally im more worried about low to mid end power any way since that's what i'll be using the most & if thoes cam's are the same for the newer engines as the old ill use that as my power boost, the rest of this stuff is either for effencieny, response or class ;) Any prices for a new zorst (With and with out a new Hi flo cat as ive heard they don't add much)

Grills are some thing i hoped to get first but after doing a bit of hunting ive found ZIP that will fit the old pinny bar the TRX conversion one, witch granted is better then what i have now but still *shrugs* closest car grill other then that is the Series 3 skyline grill, a kind of mesh one, looks great but because of the lip on the S3 bonnet i think it'd be too small hight wise, and if you look closely at the S1/S2 skylines you'll see that they have 4 light segments opposed to 3 so there grill's are about half the length, probably could add the lights in if i get desperate enough though. Hehehe More Money.. ;)

The bumper and Fender, well there's lots of nice stuff out there but i just don't know what i can and can't fit easily. So far im aiming at the slightly chunkier version.

There are better ones out there but this one i think has a chance at fitting my car,  After that ill just have to match the side's with the bumpers and then ill just need to pop a spoiler on. Well in theory at least, Any ideas on how much this will cost ? i know the mags will probably be 250 or so each *shrugs* but what can ya do.
« Last Edit: Aug 15, 2003, 02:31AM by Cle »

Offline KNG P1N

• post whore
« Reply #9 on: Aug 15, 2003, 09:09AM »
bodykit prices, i have no idea at al, ive never chased one to be honest. i go to uni at ipswich, plus my g/f lives there, we should go cruizin.ehehe. um exhaust prices well for wat u want
this prices are slightly cheaper because i get at discount, so give or take 50 bucks

extractors, high flow cat,2" to a cannon $750
extractors, 2" to a chrome tip $400
extractors, high flow, 2" to a tip $570
Playing music having fun
R.I.P, M.M 1984 - 2005

Offline Cle

• antrx cruise monkey
  • Pinny Panthers
« Reply #10 on: Aug 15, 2003, 11:15AM »
That cheap ? ruddy hell i was thinking 1,2 G's then again it probably will be a least a G all up :) and ya what's a cannon ? lol by the price it looks like a resinator, the mufflers that ive seen don't go much under 280

Ipie ? cool :) you know who's the best muffler place in ip ? i only know about the guy just up from west way. Id love to cruise but it'll have to wait till the car is registered :)

Offline KNG P1N

• post whore
« Reply #11 on: Aug 15, 2003, 05:02PM »
nope not a resinator, the cannon i got is usually 300, but im part of brissy district car club so i get a healthy discount, exhaust places in swich, um off the top of my head no, ive got a m8 that works at beaurepairs there, ill ask him, see who he reccomends, wat offset were those mags u posted above?
Playing music having fun
R.I.P, M.M 1984 - 2005

Offline Cle

• antrx cruise monkey
  • Pinny Panthers
« Reply #12 on: Aug 15, 2003, 06:09PM »
Nitro MGMLP 17x7, 18x7.5   Like i said some thing similar these are too big fo my car.

Offline RichTRX

• sth. oz local moderator
  • post whore
  • May the 4's be with you.
« Reply #13 on: Aug 16, 2003, 02:05AM »
look at the huge exhaust tips you see on most "sik-ere" cars - those are cannon mufflers (also "hotdogs") hehe
His: 2001 Audi S4 biturbo quattro 6sp, Nogaro Blue/black leather recaros, microsilver trim, bose 10sp, SSAC 2.5" twin turboback, RS4 rear sway, 25% tint

Hers: MY99.5 Audi A4 1.8T Quattro GP Edition AVANT 5-sp, phantom black, black leather buckets/walnut/sunroof, 2.5" D&T Turboback, K04-015, N75J, 710N DV

Bro driving: 1990 Nissan Pintara TRX 5sp Red, 16" Rozzis, Lukey 4-2-1 ext, 2.5" full exhaust, hi-flow cat, cone cai, stg 3 chip,  low Kings, GT Gas shocks, Urethane bushings, slotted front rotors, 398000k and still going strong; 0-100 in around 7.2-7.4 seconds

James

« Reply #14 on: Aug 20, 2003, 11:15PM »
hey dude, good to see another ippy member out there!  :p you cruz in town much at all? i drive a white corsair, dunno if youve seen me cruzin, ive got an ANTRX.COM sticker the back window  ;D

Offline Cle

• antrx cruise monkey
  • Pinny Panthers
« Reply #15 on: Aug 22, 2003, 10:56PM »
I think i might have actually. My car aint on the road yet but me & my dad are in auto pro almost every sat/sun ;) drives mum nuts. You might have seen the "faimly" car though. Ford EB SII station wagon, light silver with some rainbow like strips towards the end & most notably lol 2 ford badges, one on the bonnet to cover up a lille sob's dirty work and the other 'normal" one.

James

« Reply #16 on: Aug 23, 2003, 03:26PM »
yeah i used to cruise in with my stereo crankin, but now my subs are sold so no more bass  :( but it will make way for bigger and better in the future  ;D