Author Topic: U12 front guards  (Read 3018 times)

Offline SR20ME

• antrx.com full member
U12 front guards
« on: Feb 10, 2014, 10:08AM »
Hi guys

Im looking to get some spares but just wanted to find out if there are differences between the front guards of different year models of U12 Pintara's. I have a 91 U12 T and someone told me that they are different to say an 89 or 90 model because of where the side indicator lamp is placed (not referring to the indicator in the headlight).

Any help appreciated.

Offline Dragon

• What do they call a mini pringle!?!
  • antrx cruise monkey
  • antrx.com full member
Re: U12 front guards
« Reply #1 on: Feb 10, 2014, 05:43PM »
if you are referring to the front quarter panel there is a slight difference between the series 1 pintara and the series 2 pintara

the image on the left is a series 2 TR.X, it uses a n14 style side indicator above the molded line.
the middle image is a series 1 TR.X, it has a square side indicator on the molded line.
the right image is a series 1 T, it has a square side indicator on the molded line it is also surrounded by the black plastic protector wrap.

unfortunately i could not find an image of a series 2 executive, gli,t or ti to compare that too. 

"Noss is GOD"

Offline MattJohn

• antrx.com senior member
« Reply #2 on: Feb 10, 2014, 09:57PM »
Not sure what series mine is, sorry  ::)
I know there's a difference between the tail lights as well though, some have the black strip across the bottom. Others are the same red colour all the way through..

But my GL-i (non-black strip tail lights) had the same as the first pic.

My Ti (black strip)  has the same as pic 3, but also has a little Badge just above the indicator (which I think is a cool touch haha)

Offline Dragon

• What do they call a mini pringle!?!
  • antrx cruise monkey
  • antrx.com full member
« Reply #3 on: Feb 11, 2014, 06:09PM »
I know there's a difference between the tail lights as well though, some have the black strip across the bottom. Others are the same red colour all the way through..

100% correct, The series 2 came with map lights and power mirrors as standard.

also the series 2 came with a colour coded number plate surround (rear), where as the series 1 is black.

« Last Edit: Feb 11, 2014, 08:09PM by Dragon »
"Noss is GOD"

Offline SR20ME

• antrx.com full member
« Reply #4 on: Feb 12, 2014, 09:19AM »
Thanks guys. I'll look at my car today but I think I have the series 2 guards. I don't know why Nissan changed that. It is such a slight change!

Thanks for the info as always :)

Offline roadkill91

• antrx.com full member
« Reply #5 on: Feb 12, 2014, 06:16PM »
Hey :) speaking of rear number plates my Attesa rear number plate has a what appears 2 be a hinged set up where a cable can connect & u can flip the plate up !?! :o  might come in handy for those times when one may need it for!?! LOL. 8) does ant one else have that set up! Cheers RK91