Author Topic: Disc brake theory.  (Read 13624 times)

Offline Craazy

• Resident Attesa Driver
  • antrx cruise monkey
  • post whore
  • Lovin it long time
Re: Disc brake theory.
« Reply #30 on: Apr 13, 2011, 11:47PM »
i have read the whole thread, just putting an option out there that for all intents is a much easier fit. no piss farting around trying to find separate pieces etc etc, then finding out there is something else to do.

and i have done that alot with the brakes and 5 stud conversion, the list goes on.

but if you dont want to go to that extreme, why not just go to a wrecker and get the twin pot maxima calipers and brackets, bolt that on as they are the same dimensions, then your pad choice is for maximas and no mucking around to get pads to fit.......
when i did the 5 stud convert on the front of my bird, i used the disc and caliper from the maxima in the conversion and it was all a simple bolt in, 280mm disc with single piston caliper from the J30, 2 piston caliper is from the later model A32 i think, but same size 280mm disc.

vithy, if you check there website, and ebay, you can get anything from 11"(286mm) up to 16"(400mm) and ksport puts the wheel size to use on with the setup on offer

The Time Has Come To Battle It Out To The Death... SR24 vs KA24

The bluey must be revived to Life!!

Offline Luke

• 173kw @ all 4
  • sth. oz local moderator
  • antrx.com junkie
Re: Disc brake theory.
« Reply #31 on: Apr 15, 2011, 06:36PM »
The pad choice for Maximas sucks though. I've resigned myself to just using cheapish pads... Gunna get another set of the QFM's again for the next track day, for the price they held up good enough. I've found that my back brakes have been pretty lazy, so put some bendix ultimates in there to get them a bit better.
Jason reffering to the OzVR4 Forum... "Even their forum is slow" "FJ20.com on the other hand, yep that S12 does Mono's"