Author Topic: U13 Coilover's for U12  (Read 1780 times)

Offline MattJohn

• antrx.com senior member
U13 Coilover's for U12
« on: Aug 2, 2011, 05:19PM »
I was looking around and found quite a lot of people wanted a coilover for their U12,
In 'Bruce's Bluebird' Project i found this:

hang on...you bought glen's old blue Sr trx?

Yep.  I have had it for about 3 yea...  ...Coilovers fitted.  Not any issues at all for fitting the BC coilovers for the U13

This is for an SR TRX so wouldn't it be compatible for U12's?

Offline Cheezel

Re: U13 Coilover's for U12
« Reply #1 on: Aug 2, 2011, 07:07PM »
U13 coilovers do fit! But as the distance between the 3 bolts on the top of the upright are not all equal length ( 2 are 10cm, 1 is 11cm or something like that) the camber tops cant be installed in the correct way with out the tower tops being redrilled. Which is not really an issue the coilover still functions and mounts in 100%. And as there are camber bolts in the bottom from factory anyways u can still achieve useable amounts of camber anyways. You just need to make sure the blokes that do ur wheel alignment have an idea of what they are actually doing otherwise if they try and adjust the camber using the camber tops u end up wid a shit load of castor and lots of setting changes u were properly not after.

Been covered already. Not a perfect solution but damn close as a bolt-on job.

Offline MattJohn

Re: U13 Coilover's for U12
« Reply #2 on: Aug 2, 2011, 09:07PM »
ahh i see  :P sounds easy enough to screw up haha.. just stick with the king springs idea for now