Author Topic: U12 Spring Interchangibility...  (Read 5969 times)

Offline Pure_Sincerity

• post whore
  • noss is my father
U12 Spring Interchangibility...
« on: Aug 1, 2011, 09:46PM »
Springs that will fit the U12 Rear.

83-91 Bmw E30 318 Fronts
90-94 Excel X2 Fronts
98-00 Kia Mentor FB Fronts
00-01 Kia shuma Fronts
01-03 Kia Spectra FB Fronts
81-86 Bluebird 910 Sedan Fronts
Pulsar N13 Exa 2 Door Fronts
Corolla Ae80 82 Singlecam Fronts
Daewoo Nubira Sedan J100/J150 Rears
87-89 Astra LD Rears
u13 Bluebird Rears
N13 Pulsar Rears
N14 Pulsar Rears
N14 Gtir Rears

Springs that will fit the U12 Front.

71-77 Galant GA-GD Fronts
77-81 Lancer LB LCO Fronts
02-06 Getz TB MY04/MY05/MY06 Fronts
77-81 200B Fronts
72-77 240K Fronts
77-81 Sigma GE-GH Fronts
J30 Maxima Rears
88-96 BMW E34/523 525 Fronts
U12 TRX
KA25DE
HIGH COMP
MEGASQUIRT
COILOVERS
INDIVIDUAL THROTTLE BODIES

Offline Cheezel

• antrx.com senior member
Re: U12 Spring Interchangibility...
« Reply #1 on: Aug 1, 2011, 10:24PM »
If I could give karma I would. How'd you compile this...

One step closer to a full set of coilovers. XD

Offline Pure_Sincerity

• post whore
  • noss is my father
« Reply #2 on: Aug 1, 2011, 10:35PM »
If I could give karma I would. How'd you compile this...

One step closer to a full set of coilovers. XD

Pasting together part numbers on standard king Springs lows.

Just keep in mind that this does not mean that the whole strut will fit, just the springs.
U12 TRX
KA25DE
HIGH COMP
MEGASQUIRT
COILOVERS
INDIVIDUAL THROTTLE BODIES

Offline Cheezel

« Reply #3 on: Aug 2, 2011, 01:01AM »
I'd like to add that the 89-94 CAPRI SA SC SE TURBO fronts fit. These 'lows' are the super lows people have been using for the U12 fronts...

Offline MattJohn

« Reply #4 on: Aug 2, 2011, 11:15AM »
Noob alertSo does this mean, that after-market springs for these cars will fit the U12? or just the standard items?

Offline Cheezel

« Reply #5 on: Aug 2, 2011, 11:44AM »
Aftermarkets will fit, just be careful to consider the relative stock height/weight of the car. Ie the capri lows are superlows for us U12ers. :P

On second thought, thatd be an exception, since im assuming lil_noss has donethe list by matching his KS lows model numbers for other cars lows. :P

Offline MattJohn

« Reply #6 on: Aug 2, 2011, 04:34PM »
true, you say the
89-94 CAPRI SA SC SE TURBO fronts fit. These 'lows' are the super lows people have been using for the U12 fronts...
do these give a considerable drop and greatly increase firmness? Also what sort of strut would you reccomend, the Monroe gas?  ???

Offline Cheezel

« Reply #7 on: Aug 2, 2011, 05:08PM »
lows drop 20-30mm, superlows are 40-50mm apparently. So yeah. Go check out noss' car, he runs superlows on the front (or did, atleast.). They're pretty damn low though. The tyre will be just sitting inside the arch.

Springs help with the stiffness, but it'd be strongly suggested you change the struts. Didn't on my mates car and it was just all over the place...

Brand of struts depends on what you want it for. I know there's a few people around here using the monroes...
« Last Edit: Aug 2, 2011, 05:10PM by Cheezel »

Offline MattJohn

« Reply #8 on: Aug 2, 2011, 09:12PM »
sorry, didn't see the rest of your message before i posted.. (i feel like a retard  :P )

Noss' car looks pretty fine; what sort of strut would you reccomend for streetable firmness (even just firmness) - Dad just put some bilstien coil-overs in the Xr5 and it feels good

Offline Cheezel

« Reply #9 on: Aug 2, 2011, 09:25PM »
I take that back. I didn't mean noss, but now i have NFI who i DID mean. (Sorry noss for putting words in your mouth :P)

Again, monroes are being run a lot. If you want something a little bit more solid/long lasting go the KYBs, or if you wanna go all out go something like the Konis. I havent had any experience with these brands, btw, I'm trying to sort this all out for myself as we speak, but thats the general feel of what i've been able to find...

Offline MattJohn

« Reply #10 on: Aug 2, 2011, 09:44PM »
oh okay, yeah thats alright. yeah, i'l look into it all soon as well, thanks for the help. Good luck with your sorting haha

Offline Cheezel

« Reply #11 on: Aug 2, 2011, 10:37PM »
Check out lots of rides... Kranzys is an amazing one, he's got ultra lows on the front and super lows on the rear.. looks sooo clean. :P

Offline mendezcr

• antrx.com full member
« Reply #12 on: Sep 8, 2011, 11:50AM »
Let me know if I'm wrong but Isn't true  that the spings from the U13 will fit front and back?... But only the U13's Bluebird not the altima ones correct?....  :-\

Offline Cheezel

« Reply #13 on: Sep 8, 2011, 06:08PM »
They don't. I remember reading somewhere they don't...

However;
http://www.antrx.com/smf/index.php/topic,7482.0.html Rich TRX says..

Suspension
The front and rear suspension setups are essentially the same as the u12 (and use many of the same parts) except for the following points:

1) u13 front springs/struts are at least 50% wider diameter than u12 providing extra stiffness. Rear springs are same as u12.
2) u13 front sway bar, instead of running under the body as in the u12, runs along the firewall just under the steering rack
3) u13 rear sway bar uses integrated ball joints as pivot points instead of the u12's link rubber arrangement
4) u13 rear parallel links are unequal length (presumably to provide better toe out/toe in while cornering hard) compared to the u12's equal length links
5) the u13 rear end has adjustable camber (to a degree anyway) with a separate hub assembly (compared to the u12's integrated hub/strut with no camber adjustment)
6) both the front and rear suspension units on the u13 (except for the strut tower bolts) are bolted to a front and rear subframe which are in turn bolted onto the body with large rubber bushings. This is probably the most important difference and is quite a leap forward from the u12 (in which both suspension setups are bolted to the body)
7) u13 uses a much shorter rear radius rod than the u12 (like 1/2 as short).

No mention of different springs.

Offline mendezcr

• antrx.com full member
« Reply #14 on: Sep 9, 2011, 10:26AM »
Can't find were I was told that the U13 springs will fit the U12... I'm sure someone told me or read it somewhere..  :(  ..... The funny thing is that I was about to buy some U13 springs for my car, but not anymore again.. I will try to get in touch with the guys from KINGS in Australia and try to bring them to Costa Rica.. But Shipping is going to be reaaaally expensive and a long time to get here...  :-\

Offline Cheezel

« Reply #15 on: Sep 9, 2011, 11:23AM »
U13 bluebird and n14 pulsar will fit the rear. J30 maxima will fit the front. Might be a bit cheaper to find thoae springs for thoae cars and ship them down from north america if you can find the american equivalents?

Offline mendezcr

• antrx.com full member
« Reply #16 on: Sep 14, 2011, 10:35AM »
Thats correct!!.. I need to know what american cars springs( lowered springs) will fit mine. It's hard to get some who sale only 2 lowered springs....  :-\

Offline mendezcr

• antrx.com full member
« Reply #17 on: Oct 8, 2011, 11:14AM »
Thats correct!!.. I need to know what american cars springs( lowered springs) will fit mine. It's hard to get some who sale only 2 lowered springs....  :-\

Found the thread were I was told that 4wd and FWD U13 ans GTiR springs will fit front and back with no problems....  8)

Offline getaroundcar

« Reply #18 on: Oct 9, 2011, 10:53PM »
i'd stick with kyb stuts as they are twin piston, unlike munro single piston. unsure  about koni.