Author Topic: Awd ka  (Read 2227 times)

Offline Bloodstained

• antrx.com senior member
Awd ka
« on: Jan 25, 2011, 12:18AM »
Hey guys been looking around trying to
Find someone who can make gearbox
Adaptor plates the place I'll get my fuel cell done through said they can as they also do awd conversions but I was wondering if anyone else new any where around Melbourne that can make me an adaptor plate from the ka24de to the Nissan pulsar gtir gearbox any info welcome thanks in advanced guys :)

Offline SSS

• Administrator
  • post whore
Re: Awd ka
« Reply #1 on: Jan 25, 2011, 06:55AM »
Got any CAD of what you want? A supplier of ours for work does all our CNC machining, I can get a cheaper price for getting it done after hours.

Offline Kranzy

• Administrator
  • post whore
  • U12 - SR20DET
« Reply #2 on: Jan 25, 2011, 08:19AM »
Is the bellhousing different on an awd box or is it just everything after that is different?

If the bellhousing doesn't have anything awd specific, and the gtir box is a 50's series (I'm unsure on that) you should be fine to use a KA bellhousing bolted to the outer casing of the awd box. The inside of the bellhousing may need to be machined to allow room for the gearset.
Quote from: noss
learnt something new just then, dont eat baked bean sandwhiches while changing the paper in the copier

"Noss is GOD"

Offline Budgie

• Dr. B Udgie - AWD FTW
  • Administrator
  • post whore
  • U12-U13
« Reply #3 on: Jan 25, 2011, 08:51AM »
The centre diff resides within the bellhousing part of the AWD gearbox. Not possible to swap the bellhousings over.

Still, an AWD M11 Prarie with the KA24 is an option for gearbox, there were two that were released with the ATTESA system and the KA24E motor. Find one of these cars/gearbox's in japan or NZ and import the gearbox.

http://www.nissan-prairie.info/specs/1992_feb/

240 G5 ATTESA, HNM11JE
240 G7 ATTESA, HNM11TJE

« Last Edit: Jan 25, 2011, 09:05AM by Budgie »
dont piss me off with your pillarless shit captain snappy wrist

Offline noss

• Administrator
  • post whore
  • great scott!
    • antrx
« Reply #4 on: Jan 25, 2011, 02:08PM »
i was talking to fraz about the awd box from the prairie a while ago, he had a 5sp one in his shed, the only one he had ever seen apparently. they exist, but you may have trouble finding one.

http://polyfedelicio.us/imgs/ - free image hosting for whatever you like

Offline Bloodstained

« Reply #5 on: Jan 25, 2011, 05:54PM »
I've had a bit of a look around today for one an I messaged three places (yet to get back to me) about it from what I've read the hnu12 an the rn14 are all same attessa awd kit so of if I can't get these m11 gearbox I'll just get a gtir gearbox atleast it'll be different and there's a good set of gear sets available

Offline SSS

• Administrator
  • post whore
« Reply #6 on: Jan 27, 2011, 07:59AM »
I've had a half hearted look for that box, and you're right ryan, they appear to not exist....might have to try yahoo.jp.

Offline SSS

• Administrator
  • post whore
« Reply #7 on: Jan 27, 2011, 08:00AM »
BTW, if you cut off the bolt pattern on the RN/HN awd boxes and have a new plate machined up to suit the KA bolt pattern and welded on to the RN/HN case, that should work the same.

Offline Bloodstained

« Reply #8 on: Jan 27, 2011, 05:09PM »
That's another idea thanks SSS it'll be on the back burner for a while now I got notice from
Vic roads n I get my license next week n not two n half
Like originally thought so I'll have to wait till my
Sister is on school holidays or I get another car