Author Topic: bang for ya buck  (Read 8615 times)

Offline Jono

• The Wise Man
  • Global Moderator
  • post whore
  • memory boy!
Re: bang for ya buck
« Reply #30 on: May 3, 2010, 11:13PM »
Just food for thought though.. I thought the KA's lean to the rear when under load? Hence trying to rip the engine mount up and out not down and out, so why in your picture of your subframe tearing at the front it has failed from falling out the bottom?

ANY FWD engine will torque over that way.

Downwards load on the front of the crossmember is only seen under engine braking.

Adam, that does look like surface rust on the fractures, I don't see any rust that would compromise the strength of it.
#1 Post Wh0re
pringles was here!

Offline chr1S

• r&d team
  • post whore
« Reply #31 on: May 4, 2010, 12:09AM »
Well then that rules out the engine having too much torque for that failure, it's in the wrong direction, if it yanked that up then yes I would say the engine ripped the mount out literally.

I guess we need more pics...
Don't let the opinions of the average man sway you. Dream, and he thinks you're crazy. Succeed, and he thinks you're lucky. Acquire wealth, and he thinks you're greedy. Pay no attention. He simply doesn't understand.

to be fair, it wouldn't be ANTRX if we stayed on topic.

and if someone wasn't cranky at Chr1s for something he said...

Offline KA24ET

• antrx.com junior member
« Reply #32 on: May 4, 2010, 07:32PM »
I can t get a pic of it at the moment, its under  the turbo, but when i next have it off, ill show u
I said the engine mount ripped out of the crossmember
That picture was a result of repairing that and fitting a solid mount,
and yes, seems driver error basically caused that error
I mean, me hittin it hard, under  full load than snapping throttle off.... Bad bad dew dew... would probably be lessened if the mount wasnt solid!

Offline chr1S

• r&d team
  • post whore
« Reply #33 on: May 5, 2010, 12:25AM »
Dude..i had completely solid filled mounts with the standard rubber removed on my car for 3years+, no ill effect.
Don't let the opinions of the average man sway you. Dream, and he thinks you're crazy. Succeed, and he thinks you're lucky. Acquire wealth, and he thinks you're greedy. Pay no attention. He simply doesn't understand.

to be fair, it wouldn't be ANTRX if we stayed on topic.

and if someone wasn't cranky at Chr1s for something he said...

Offline SSS

• Administrator
  • post whore
« Reply #34 on: May 14, 2010, 12:24PM »
Dude..i had completely solid filled mounts with the standard rubber removed on my car for 3years+, no ill effect.

Same, front torque mount was completely solid and had no original rubber left it in either.