Author Topic: Manual Conversion  (Read 2820 times)

Offline MINI_man

• antrx.com full member
Manual Conversion
« on: Dec 12, 2008, 01:10PM »
hi all,

as some of you may know i own a '90 Pintara Ti Auto............well the auto box has finally shit itself...(wont change into 4th).......and before you ask yes i have had it pulled apart and been told its fucked.

newho im looking to do a manual conversion (clutch pedal FTW). nd was wondering how much it would cost? nd where to get all the parts? and what off?????.........

i no there is alot of topics on this but none really expain what im after........

thanks,
MINI_man

Offline MINI_man

• antrx.com full member
Re: Manual Conversion
« Reply #1 on: Dec 12, 2008, 01:23PM »
btw i want to do the conversion backyard style.........in my shed doing all the work myself.....lol

Offline Jono

• The Wise Man
  • Global Moderator
  • post whore
  • memory boy!
« Reply #2 on: Dec 13, 2008, 07:08PM »
Get all the parts off a U12 Pintara wreck. You'll need to get them off a 2.4l version because I believe the bellhousing bolt pattern is different.

You'll need:
pedal box
clutch master cylinder
clutch fluid lines
clutch slave cylinder
gearbox (preferably with engine mount still attached, not sure if they're different or not)
flywheel
flywheel bolts
clutch
shifter and mountings
shifter linkages

I think that's it.
#1 Post Wh0re
pringles was here!

Offline MINI_man

• antrx.com full member
« Reply #3 on: Dec 14, 2008, 07:15PM »
yeah cheers....umm i think also spigot bearing, clutch pedal, ecu,console......etc

Offline cruizer

• post whore
« Reply #4 on: Dec 14, 2008, 07:27PM »
Send Bill*69 a pm. He got his manual conversion done not long ago...might have some knowledge to share.

Might be a good idea to document the process and put up a wiki article for people that want to do it in the future  ;)

Offline MINI_man

• antrx.com full member
« Reply #5 on: Dec 15, 2008, 11:21AM »
yeah already pmed him........ yep once i got all the bits ill start nd then ill make a wiki......lol......cheers

Offline BILL*69

• is on LPG...
  • post whore
  • Off Defect Finally..
« Reply #6 on: Dec 15, 2008, 09:18PM »
Im quiet sure LSD driveshaft brackets are the same between auto and manual, but non-LSD brackets are different between auto and manual, so be careful depending on which path you travel. And yes, it has to be ka24, otherwise you will need to fork out more cash to adapt the ca20 box. You can also run your auto computer once converted, it has more torque than its manual counterpart. Im not sure of console differences, but my auto one and manual one seem almost identical except for the plastic surrounds for both auto and manual.

I would recommend buying new bushes aswell, while its all out.
mr 4ut0m4t1c d0r1fft0000 p1nny 0n ga5 w17h cu5t0m u13h su8w00f3r!
When i'm cruisin' wit my bitches and G's ready to pop a cap in the ass of some fool who thinks he's bank by takin' my corner of the block....  ::)

Offline Jono

• The Wise Man
  • Global Moderator
  • post whore
  • memory boy!
« Reply #7 on: Dec 16, 2008, 07:38AM »
Yeah you just need the gear lever surround for the centre console.

You're right about the spigot bearing. You'll need something to pull the existing metal spacer out of the end of the crank (from where the spigot bearing goes). I used a hammer and cold chisel and hit it from either side, and 'walked' it out.

You'll also have to adapt the reverse switch wiring to the existing wiring loom, and loop the neutral switch wiring so the motor will start.
#1 Post Wh0re
pringles was here!

Offline Vithy

• post whore
« Reply #8 on: Feb 13, 2011, 12:57PM »
dig i shall perform.

in term of wiring in the speedo in? has anyone got any knowledge to share? i have put a corsair box onto an ex auto trx and from the auto loom i dont see a matching plug to marry up to the new manual speedo... help would be appreciated im not a fan of my 2.5k limiter atm :S
"Noss is God"

Offline BILL*69

• is on LPG...
  • post whore
  • Off Defect Finally..
« Reply #9 on: Feb 15, 2011, 06:48PM »
ahhhh yes i remember this plug, , i think theres one or two wires that cause the limiter... cant remember which though :(
mr 4ut0m4t1c d0r1fft0000 p1nny 0n ga5 w17h cu5t0m u13h su8w00f3r!
When i'm cruisin' wit my bitches and G's ready to pop a cap in the ass of some fool who thinks he's bank by takin' my corner of the block....  ::)

Offline aussiepintara

• antrx.com junior member
« Reply #10 on: Mar 26, 2011, 06:59PM »
hey. wat is the dificulty rating on doing it/ average time. and are the holes already there for clutch ped and stuff like that?

cheers