Author Topic: Extractors !  (Read 13580 times)

Offline SSS

• Administrator
  • post whore
Re: Extractors !
« Reply #30 on: Sep 11, 2006, 10:55PM »
I made an observation. Get over yourself jay.

I don't care what anyone else says, but the primarys are too small on off the shelf extractors; they whip up what they will be able to sell without doing any dyno testing.

Why have they made the primaries 38mm for the fwd KA24E, and 42mm for the navara with the same motor, going off their specs on that page? Even the secondaries and outlets are larger on the navara KA24E than the U12 KA24E.

You call that abuse?

FFS, the retard level is abnormally high in this thread.

Tell me this jayjay, since you know SO MUCH about the KA24 and header design.

Why fit LARGER primaries, secondaries and outlets to the SAME engine, but in 2 different chassis's?
And the layout of the engine HAS NOTHING TO DO with the answer.

That was a response i made as provoked by yourself.

I was *trying* to contribute some form of technical discussion to this thread, not "what brand of the same extractors should i buy" type post.
You might have been a member for the last 4 years, but you certainly haven't contributed shit.

real good moderating skills to mate,  lets see if you can be abit more up yourself

I don't care what people think of me or my attitude.
The people who have met me in person, or who have dealt with me via buying or selling don't have a problem with me.

All the crap is being removed from this thread in 2 days, to bring it back to what the thread was about in the first place.

Offline [JET-20T]

• anwrx member no.1
  • antrx.com junkie
  • boxer
« Reply #31 on: Sep 11, 2006, 11:19PM »
all KA24E's are shit!!

there, you happy guys? :P

yea.. so are ca18's :P
traction kicked in yo!

Offline jayjay

• antrx.com senior member
  • TRXXX
    • featured
« Reply #32 on: Sep 12, 2006, 01:59PM »
im sure the companys that make these extractors would like to hear you negative and judemental accusations of their products.
all i see with you is a lack of respect for people of these forums.
thanks to you spiteful remarks i will be leaving these  forums  and i wont be suggesting that any cutomers use them.
a dissapointed jayjay.
Check it out, it's like this. If I lose, winner takes my happy meal. But If I win, I take the burger AND the TOY. To some people that's more important

Offline noss

• Administrator
  • post whore
  • great scott!
    • antrx
« Reply #33 on: Sep 12, 2006, 04:27PM »
bye!

http://polyfedelicio.us/imgs/ - free image hosting for whatever you like

Offline Chadza

• antrx cruise monkey
  • post whore
  • B4 what?
« Reply #34 on: Sep 12, 2006, 04:36PM »
autobahn has customers!!

:o
First a Silver TRX, then a White TRX...whats next? Game Boy-Clear style TRX?

Offline pedro666

• post whore
  • VET NEO VVL is how I roll...
« Reply #35 on: Nov 20, 2006, 12:22AM »
lol
the words "race car" spelled backward still spell "race car"? 

skype_shannan801

Offline chr1S

• r&d team
  • post whore
« Reply #36 on: Nov 20, 2006, 07:13AM »
i can't wait to watch your karma drop.
Don't let the opinions of the average man sway you. Dream, and he thinks you're crazy. Succeed, and he thinks you're lucky. Acquire wealth, and he thinks you're greedy. Pay no attention. He simply doesn't understand.

to be fair, it wouldn't be ANTRX if we stayed on topic.

and if someone wasn't cranky at Chr1s for something he said...

Offline SSS

• Administrator
  • post whore
« Reply #37 on: Oct 12, 2007, 09:29AM »
I'm only digging this up from the dead to make a technical observation and comment on why off the shelf KA extractors are crap, for those that may be in the market for them.

Working on the new airbox for my brother's DC2 'R last night, and decided to get the verniers out to measure the OD of the primaries on his aftermarket headers (i think they are JUN? that or Spoon).

44mm in diameter, inner diameter is probably only 40.8 as (i think) they are 1.6mm thick stainless tube.

Now, at 38mm outer diameter, my genie headers would have to be 2mm wall thickness if not more, as they are mild steel. that leaves us with 34mm inner diameter primaries. :(

Quick calc in excel using the formula for approximate mass flow through the engine, cfm = cid x rpm x ve / 3456 reveals some interesting facts.

At 8500rpm, the B18C7 in his 'R, assuming a REAL good VE of 106% (possible; engine inhales 106% in each cylinder, equivalent of 1 psi boost theoretically), approximate mass airflow out of the engine is 298 cfm.

At 6500rpm, assuming at best a VE of 93% (-1 psi vacuum), a KA24E will churn out approximately 261 cfm. Bump your rev limiter to 6750, 271 cfm; with a noss special stage 3 rom, at 7000rpm you'll be moving about 281 cfm (theoretically, your VE will probably drop quite a bit after this point though).

In any case, 38mm OD primaries in aftermarket KA headers are too small for any kind of mid to top end improvements.

Don't even get me started about poor collector design on these things, this is the most crucial aspect to obtaining a decent scavenging effect from a set of headers.

Offline Kranzy

• Administrator
  • post whore
  • U12 - SR20DET
« Reply #38 on: Oct 12, 2007, 09:38AM »
But the average Joe, which they are designed for wouldnt know or understand what you just said and they just want it because common knowledge is adding extractors is a performance enhancement and you will get gains from it.

Plus they're fully sik
Quote from: noss
learnt something new just then, dont eat baked bean sandwhiches while changing the paper in the copier

"Noss is GOD"

Offline SSS

• Administrator
  • post whore
« Reply #39 on: Oct 12, 2007, 09:41AM »
True.  :)

I think noss had verified that extractors were only good for 2 odd kw's at the wheels?

Offline Kranzy

• Administrator
  • post whore
  • U12 - SR20DET
« Reply #40 on: Oct 12, 2007, 09:46AM »
yeah somewhere around there. I thought it was 4kw but either way its minimal.

But its common knowledge that people think with an exhaust you need extractors to make best gain. Which is why they can produce crap and still sell it.
Quote from: noss
learnt something new just then, dont eat baked bean sandwhiches while changing the paper in the copier

"Noss is GOD"

Offline SSS

• Administrator
  • post whore
« Reply #41 on: Oct 12, 2007, 10:06AM »
Spot on mate.

I'd still like to see what gains can be had on a KA from a properly designed set of headers, might add it to the to-do list and chuck them on the daily driver.

Offline mudmav

• antrx.com newbie with pewbies
« Reply #42 on: Oct 6, 2011, 07:18PM »
AFTER FITTING LUKEY CA20 EXTRACTORS I CAN TELL YOU THEY ARE THE BEST I HAVE SEEN

Offline SSS

• Administrator
  • post whore
« Reply #43 on: Oct 31, 2011, 12:11AM »

AFTER TAKING NEARLY A MONTH TO DISCOVER THIS LOLLERIFIC TROLLING, I WILL GIVE YOU CREDIT FOR MAKING ME ROFL AT MY JAYJAY BASHING

Fuck, jayjay and that roger [i seem to suffer from tourettes] who owned that turd of a trx were real douches huh?

Did someone buy it? or has it been sent to hell?

Offline Cheezel

• antrx.com senior member
« Reply #44 on: Oct 31, 2011, 01:23PM »
Turd of a TRX? I may have picked it up. Were they victorian? ::)

Some mad rofls in this thread.

Offline SSS

• Administrator
  • post whore
« Reply #45 on: Oct 31, 2011, 05:38PM »
It was dark grey mate....ill try and find a pic later.