Author Topic: dissapointed with my tacho  (Read 1811 times)

Offline Pinsair

• ka24e owner
  • post whore
dissapointed with my tacho
« on: May 6, 2003, 08:53PM »
put the tacho in today and it works alright and everything but it rev limits at 4000.  Its got a switch on the back "4-6-8" to select the amount of cylinders, changing that to 6 or 8 just makes it rev limit even lower, is there anything else i can do to make it rev limit at around 6 1/2.  It doesnt worry me too much but it just looks cooler if the needle goes a bit further cos atm moment it only goes between about 500 and 3000 when i'm driving normally. any ideas :-\

Offline aussie-gli

• post whore
  • CA20E GLi (1998 -> 2008) U12 TRX (2020 -> ...)
Re:dissapointed with my tacho
« Reply #1 on: May 7, 2003, 11:55AM »
Where did u connect it? Sounds like the signal line is picking up noise... keep the wire away from your leads and coils if possible...
Lisa: Dad, we did something very bad! Homer: Did you wreck the car? Bart: No. Homer: Did you raise the dead? Lisa: Yes. Homer: But the car's okay? Bart & Lisa: Uh-huh. Homer: All right then.

Offline Pinsair

• ka24e owner
  • post whore
« Reply #2 on: May 7, 2003, 12:05PM »
umm yeh i connected it to the negative coil or something? i dunno i just followed the instructions, i'll have another look tonight.
cheers

BlakeyBoyR

« Reply #3 on: May 18, 2003, 05:55PM »
Is putting a tacho in a big job ?

Offline Pinsair

• ka24e owner
  • post whore
« Reply #4 on: May 20, 2003, 01:34AM »
no not really the hardest part is getting a wire thru the firewall and that isnt altogether difficult  ;).  All u have to do is connect one wire to earth, one to ignition switch "on" terminal, one to the gauge lights and one to the negartive coil terminal.  Might sound pretty confusing now but the tacho should come with fairly easy to follow instructions.