Author Topic: Tail lights  (Read 1902 times)

Offline lowdowngli

• antrx.com pre-pewbie newbie
Tail lights
« on: Sep 19, 2006, 09:28PM »
hi there......pretty new here, been looking round for a while and this is my first post.Anyhow to the point, i've got me some of those nice clear top lights comin off a mates written off pintara. I had a look at tryin to get my lights out the other day but they wont seem to budge. I pulled all the carpet in the boot back, and undid all the nuts that looked relevent to the lights but then they jus wouldn't move anywhere. I know i sound pretty stupid but meh.
Any help would b appreciated
thanks
matt

Offline Budgie

• Dr. B Udgie - AWD FTW
  • Administrator
  • post whore
  • U12-U13
Re: Tail lights
« Reply #1 on: Sep 19, 2006, 10:32PM »
Have you cut the silicone stuff away from the where the lights join the body of the car with a knife?
dont piss me off with your pillarless shit captain snappy wrist

Offline lowdowngli

• antrx.com pre-pewbie newbie
« Reply #2 on: Sep 19, 2006, 10:36PM »
nope....i looked at that, and thought it might hav to b cut but will i hav to re do it? my boot already rattles tonnes due to sound system.

Offline Smiley Of Terror

• post whore
« Reply #3 on: Sep 19, 2006, 10:55PM »
silicone isn't way expensive, redoing it would be a simple job if you take your time and make sure you have a scraper/rag thing incase you put too much on.
good luck with it.
nissan enthusiast who... umm... drives a toyota.

'95 n/a Mr2

Offline hrmmmm

• antrx.com junkie
« Reply #4 on: Sep 20, 2006, 08:41AM »
When I changed my lights over to the import ones I had to loosen the number plate/plastic bit of crap that goes between the lights. I found it easy to pull the light from the outside corner (the bit that wraps round the corner of the car) and then worked my way along till light came of. I reused the old silicon/sealant as it was in one piece, the lights haven't leaked when water is sprayed over them at the carwash. All up took me bout half hour to change lights. 

Offline dave-trx

• post whore
  • hates everything
« Reply #5 on: Sep 20, 2006, 01:58PM »
Use urethane thats the stuff to use on cars, you only use silicon on gutters and if you are an electrician. As for liquid nails dont use that shit on a car, its designed for wood.
Your car may be able to go faster.
But I can go any where. except into a garage, underground carpark, bridge...

2 sticks and manual locking hubs. have to get out to drive it around
Good old Nissan.

KA's are the shit. According to all the info on the site, they are better then sliced bread and thats saying something.

I Got Baned for being a Total Assclown, Wanker, Tool, etc...