Author Topic: Atessa u13 5 speed gearbox - PLEASE HELP  (Read 2632 times)

Offline Damo

• antrx.com junior member
  • new kid on the block
Atessa u13 5 speed gearbox - PLEASE HELP
« on: Jun 17, 2009, 11:35PM »
hello, I have just got myself a U13 Atessa turbo and bought it with a broken gearbox and im having a much harder time finding a gearbox or even parts for it ... nissan worldwide are saying the parts for a U13 attesa gearbox are no longer made so i have been looking around this site for a long time now trying to find out if the GTI-R gear box will go into a U13 attesa or if the gearsets in the GTI-R are the same as the U13 attesa.

Ive spoken to a number of different places in Melbourne and they have all told me different stories so im not sure who to believe .....

Also i have been searching for hours to see if i were to get a GTI-R gearbox and make it fit my U13 Atessa, are all the diff ratios the same or different

If anyone could help with this i would be very happy, Ive had the car for over a month and yet to drive it :(
« Last Edit: Jun 18, 2009, 08:56AM by Damo »

Offline 20vgs

Re: Atessa u13 5 speed gearbox - PLEASE HELP
« Reply #1 on: Jun 18, 2009, 12:26AM »
the gtir gearbox and the attesa gearbox are basically the same.The two differences are the ratios inside are slightly different,but wont make any difference.Theother difference is the transfer case. You just use your original case.Usually they dont have any problems unless they have 200000 plus ks on them,or the gearbox has been severely raped /pillaged and thrashed for a long time.The gearbox i'm running is from a gtir.(Mine has now been made into a ppg dog box,but is still basically gtir) graham :)

Offline Damo

• new kid on the block
« Reply #2 on: Jun 18, 2009, 08:41AM »
thanks for that ... so if i bought a complete gtir box i could just pull it apart and swap over the gear sets?, or could i use the gtir box and just swap over my original transfer case?

Offline Luke

• 173kw @ all 4
  • sth. oz local moderator
  • antrx.com junkie
« Reply #3 on: Jun 18, 2009, 08:58AM »
Don't pull it apart, there is no need, just take your transfer housing off and put it onto the GTiR one. That will keep your rear diff ratio correct.
Jason reffering to the OzVR4 Forum... "Even their forum is slow" "FJ20.com on the other hand, yep that S12 does Mono's"

Offline Damo

• new kid on the block
« Reply #4 on: Jun 18, 2009, 09:03AM »
awesome thank you ... now ill just have to find a gtir box ... ive been putting off getting it because of not knowing if it will work

thanks again
Damien

Offline Damo

• new kid on the block
« Reply #5 on: Jun 18, 2009, 09:05AM »
just one more thing ... if my transfer case is screwed too how hard are they to source

Offline 20vgs

« Reply #6 on: Jun 18, 2009, 09:28AM »
 They really dont give many problems.If it is stuffed,and it shouldnt be, i have one in my shed that is ok.graham

Offline 20vgs

« Reply #7 on: Jun 18, 2009, 09:34AM »
You may be able to get an u13 attesa box. ;Dtry pulsar.org.All the sr20det motors that have gone into pulsars cant use the gearbox.thats how i have bought a couple over the last few years.

Offline Budgie

• Dr. B Udgie - AWD FTW
  • Administrator
  • post whore
  • U12-U13
« Reply #8 on: Jun 18, 2009, 09:36AM »
Your in Melbourne mate?

Come for a cruise with us once your car is running, there are more and more ATTESA's in the club now-days.

This is about the only place you'll find ATTESA owners in numbers, we hang around PGA as well but all the U12 and U13 ATTESA knowledge is here!
dont piss me off with your pillarless shit captain snappy wrist

Offline Damo

• new kid on the block
« Reply #9 on: Jun 18, 2009, 08:41PM »
Ok there has been a slight problem the gearbox I thought was availiable isn't so back to looking for either a new gearbox or the parts in my gearbox that are broken which is
The input shaft
1st gear
Both reverse idlers
And the 3/4 shift springs
If anyone has these parts or a gearbox lying around let me know

And yeah I would come for a cruise for sure although the car needs some tlc because I only just got it so it won't be in the best of condition to begin with but it will get there slowly   

Offline scribble

• antrx.com newbie with pewbies
  • new kid on the block
« Reply #10 on: Jul 31, 2009, 09:32AM »
Probably too late now, but I'm 99% sure that most of the internals of a FWD 50 series box fit the 4WD.
I'll be able to confirm in a few weeks...

Offline Budgie

• Dr. B Udgie - AWD FTW
  • Administrator
  • post whore
  • U12-U13
« Reply #11 on: Jul 31, 2009, 02:26PM »
Interesting scribble! Keep us posted mate.
dont piss me off with your pillarless shit captain snappy wrist