Author Topic: How to remove fuel pump?  (Read 1836 times)

Offline Nick

• antrx.com newbie with pewbies
  • new skids in my jocks
How to remove fuel pump?
« on: Oct 8, 2017, 12:30PM »
Only thing the FSM for the Corsair that Jimbo uploaded covers is a diagram of the fuel pump and fuel tank, not how to actually get to it for replacement.
I'm fairly confident my fuel pump is stuffed. The pump ran dry a few times after a fuel leak at the fuel filter hose and now it doesn't run when I turn the key to ON. I'll try the part in the manual where you bridge the circuit to manually give the pump 12V, if there's 12V at the fuel pump plug and it doesn't work then I'll know it's stuff, if it runs then it's something else.
How do you get to the fuel pump in these things? Any tips for removal and new pump installation?

P.S.: It's a red U12 TRX with a dual fuel setup :D

Offline pedro666

• post whore
  • VET NEO VVL is how I roll...
Re: How to remove fuel pump?
« Reply #1 on: Oct 11, 2017, 07:43PM »
It should be covered somewhere, but I will recap.
Under the back seat, from memory there are 2 bolts holding the seat in along the front and one where the seat belt clickers are. Remove them and the seat, you dont have to remove the side pads over the wheel arches.
Then you will see the tank cover plate, spray the bolts with crc or rp7 , wd40. if you dont and try to loosed them , there is a good chance you will brake the head off of the bolts. For some reason they are fragile. Same goes for tightening them , don't over-tighten.
the words "race car" spelled backward still spell "race car"? 

skype_shannan801

Offline Nick

• new skids in my jocks
« Reply #2 on: Oct 13, 2017, 11:20PM »
Cheers pedro that was a big help. Biggest job was pulling the back part of the rear seat out. We reckon the fuel pump is not dead but badly clogged because it's ran about a dozen times by tapping it.Plan is to pull it out and give it a good clean.  Also it's been apart before, the access hatch bolts came out way too easy to have been in there since factory assembly day.

Good to be back in the driver's seat.

Offline harison

• antrx.com pre-pewbie newbie
  • new skids in my jocks
    • Interesting Facts and Questions
« Reply #3 on: Dec 1, 2017, 02:18AM »
Thanks pedro666 that was an helpful information for me as well  ;)

Offline Boz

« Reply #4 on: May 31, 2018, 01:41AM »
Sorry to dig up last year's post. Does anyone know if this applies to all U12 Pintaras? I'm assuming so. I have an executive hatch 2.0L. I was preparing myself for a difficult job dropping the tank but accessing the pump from under the seat will be a welcome relief.

I also couldn't find any mention of it in the Corsair FSM.
« Last Edit: May 31, 2018, 01:46AM by Boz »