Author Topic: jeremy clarkson  (Read 11951 times)

Offline SAIUN

• antrx.com junkie
  • ~(> ^_^)>
Re: jeremy clarkson
« Reply #30 on: Jan 10, 2008, 03:57AM »
the Stig COULD be a current driver because you aren't supposed to know their identity... therefore meaning it could be Mark Webber and nobody would know.. highly unlikely but within the rules.
I remember Clarkson giving him a T-shirt saying "I am the Stig".  :D
Current mods:
ANTRX.com KA24E Stage 2 ECU chip (5kW)
ANTRX.com sticker (30kW) ;D

... that's about all.

Offline chr1S

• r&d team
  • post whore
« Reply #31 on: Jan 10, 2008, 08:14AM »
I got that shirt, I wear it every now and then  :P
Don't let the opinions of the average man sway you. Dream, and he thinks you're crazy. Succeed, and he thinks you're lucky. Acquire wealth, and he thinks you're greedy. Pay no attention. He simply doesn't understand.

to be fair, it wouldn't be ANTRX if we stayed on topic.

and if someone wasn't cranky at Chr1s for something he said...

Offline Milford

• resident clown
  • post whore
« Reply #32 on: Jan 10, 2008, 07:14PM »
bonzer is spelt with an ER.
thats just unaustralian
« Last Edit: Jan 10, 2008, 07:18PM by Milford »

Offline Smiley Of Terror

• post whore
« Reply #33 on: Jan 10, 2008, 09:59PM »
erbonza? sounds more seth efrican to me.
nissan enthusiast who... umm... drives a toyota.

'95 n/a Mr2

Offline slim

• post whore
  • Nissan Bluebird SSS 1996 ®
    • Pictures
« Reply #34 on: Jan 10, 2008, 11:05PM »
well i saw "THE STIG" today.
He was driving a blue WRX, with "THE STIG" as plates, and a blue car bra in Thornlie, Perth WA
I have absolutly no petrol so i couldnt chase him  :(
  • Bosch HID Kit, Clear Side & Front Indicators + Bulbs
  • B&M Shortshifter
  • JVC DVD Touchscreen 5.1 Surround Sound
  • Full Whiteline Kit
  • Tokico Shocks
¤ slim's 1996 SSS Bluebird Project Thread

Offline SAIUN

• antrx.com junkie
  • ~(> ^_^)>
« Reply #35 on: Jan 11, 2008, 06:18AM »
well i saw "THE STIG" today.
He was driving a blue WRX, with "THE STIG" as plates, and a blue car bra in Thornlie, Perth WA
I have absolutly no petrol so i couldnt chase him  :(
Was it a dude in a race suit and helmet? Or just some wanker that thinks he's cool?  :P (No, I don't mean Dean, either)
Current mods:
ANTRX.com KA24E Stage 2 ECU chip (5kW)
ANTRX.com sticker (30kW) ;D

... that's about all.

Offline hrmmmm

• antrx.com junkie
« Reply #36 on: Jan 11, 2008, 08:22AM »
Me thinks blue wrx man is a wanker, what's the bet he can't drive for peanuts.

Also Jeremy Clarkson hosts a show called SPEED on the 'How To Channel' on foxtel/austar, it is on at 9pm QLD time on thursday nights. The show is about the evolution of speed, how speed (moving quickly, not the drug) affects humans and all things speed related. Last night he counted down his most favourite speed invention,his favourite it was a Vauxhall Vectra, because it cost 1000 punds, and it is better than nothing ans it is so bad to drive that is actually good, which he says if that is the case, if something is good then it must be absolutely brilliant. And last night he bought a Lightening fighter jet to go in the front yard of his house (he has a huge house and lot's of land).
    A pretty good show if interested in the more scientific side of how going fast affects the human body.

Offline thumbtack

• thats not gone well
  • rum country correspondant
  • post whore
  • fallaces sunt rerum species
« Reply #37 on: Jan 11, 2008, 11:06AM »
bonzer is spelt with an ER.
thats just unaustralian

what? are you high?
The old USSR had a single time zone. They had a hammer and sickle in the ground near the Kremlin much like a sundial.
Arguments raged for years as to what to call the timezone
Moscow Time?
Comrade Time?
In the end they all agreed.
Hammer Time.

the thumbtack corporation tm is not responsible for any injuries incurred as a result of thumbtack. any resemblance to any stationery, living or dead, is purely coincidental.

Offline noss

• Administrator
  • post whore
  • great scott!
    • antrx
« Reply #38 on: Jan 11, 2008, 11:48AM »
what? are you high?

nah he's just un-australian  ::)

http://polyfedelicio.us/imgs/ - free image hosting for whatever you like

Offline Milford

• resident clown
  • post whore
« Reply #39 on: Jan 11, 2008, 02:06PM »
just to prove to myself that i wasnt high i checked with wikipedia.
it agrees with me.

Offline thumbtack

• thats not gone well
  • post whore
« Reply #40 on: Jan 11, 2008, 03:17PM »
yes it seems bonzer does exist, but bonza is the more common spelling. i think maybe bonzer is more british. whatever.

jeremy clarkson. there. now we are back on topic. :P
The old USSR had a single time zone. They had a hammer and sickle in the ground near the Kremlin much like a sundial.
Moscow Time?
Comrade Time?
Hammer Time.

the thumbtack corporation tm is not responsible for any injuries incurred as a result of thumbtack. any resemblance to any stationery, living or dead, is purely coincidental.

Offline dave-trx

• post whore
  • hates everything
« Reply #41 on: Jan 11, 2008, 05:31PM »
yeah, the robin rocket episode is one of my favs.

oh and do british navaras have the KA? cos that amphobious vehicle in S10 is one...

British Navaras dont run Petrols. There series 1 D22 ran the TD25ETI ours got the QD32 (slow but go forever)
Series 2 D22 got the YD25DDTI (shitty engine tend to throw rods through the side of the block due to shitty big end bearings)
D40's run the YD25CRD, same as our aussie STX motors.
Your car may be able to go faster.
But I can go any where. except into a garage, underground carpark, bridge...

2 sticks and manual locking hubs. have to get out to drive it around
Good old Nissan.

KA's are the shit. According to all the info on the site, they are better then sliced bread and thats saying something.

I Got Baned for being a Total Assclown, Wanker, Tool, etc...

Offline Febrile

• Forum Predator
  • post whore
  • I like having thumbs
« Reply #42 on: Jan 12, 2008, 06:13PM »
British Navaras dont run Petrols. There series 1 D22 ran the TD25ETI ours got the QD32 (slow but go forever)
Series 2 D22 got the YD25DDTI (shitty engine tend to throw rods through the side of the block due to shitty big end bearings)
D40's run the YD25CRD, same as our aussie STX motors.

I have to commend you dave... it doesn't matter what the thread is about, as soon as someone asks a remotely 4wd related question, BAM, there you are all up in the place with the 4wd info.

To stay on topic, here's Jeremy Clarkson eating Ortolan bunting: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8y4MS7mSzX8
Doo-woop-shoobie-doo-waah

Offline chr1S

• r&d team
  • post whore
« Reply #43 on: Jan 12, 2008, 06:40PM »
I have to commend you dave... it doesn't matter what the thread is about, as soon as someone asks a remotely 4wd related question, BAM, there you are all up in the place with the 4wd info.

ROFL, I agree!
Don't let the opinions of the average man sway you. Dream, and he thinks you're crazy. Succeed, and he thinks you're lucky. Acquire wealth, and he thinks you're greedy. Pay no attention. He simply doesn't understand.

Offline dave-trx

• post whore
  • hates everything
« Reply #44 on: Jan 12, 2008, 11:31PM »
Narxysus why do I like my 4wds, they may not be the fastest vehicles on the road but I would rather be driving a vehicle that overkill engineering done on the driveline, old tech diesel are great if they have a problem it is either fuel or air.

I admit diesels are slow but they are not overstressed. But I travel alot in remote NSW and have hit 1 kangeroo and have have had many close calls. When the July floods in Maitland were happening I seen many modified 4wds dragging strandard cars out of flood water, I pulled about 3 cars out of flood water also and I seen a few truck drivers dragging cars that were strandard also (I hear all the time on here how bad truckies are, that weekend I seen the best in all the 4wders and truckies)

I would rather be driving a modified 4wd and know that I will make it home, dont get me wrong I like fast cars also but having a 4wd over 2 tonne and getting 10L/100km's and the versatility odriving on road and venturing off road makes more sense to me these days.

Sorry to get off topic, just explaining my reasoning.

Good old Nissan.

KA's are the shit. According to all the info on the site, they are better then sliced bread and thats saying something.

Offline hrmmmm

• antrx.com junkie
« Reply #45 on: Jan 13, 2008, 10:58AM »
I have to commend you Dave... it doesn't matter what the thread is about, as soon as someone asks a remotely 4wd related question, BAM, there you are all up in the place with the 4wd info.

To stay on topic, here's Jeremy Clarkson eating Ortolan bunting: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8y4MS7mSzX8

When it comes to 4wd stuff, Dave is a source of invaluable info. He is the one I am starting to ask questions and will no doubt ask more question's about different 4wd's for when I get rid of the corsair. I would get opinions from everyone but I feel that the general antrx population doesn't have the experience of what works, what is reliable and what is easy to fix, where I live there is only one mechanic in town (about 10kms away) and he probably charges like a wounded bull, so reliability and relative simplicity are paramount.
*Please correct me if I'm wrong about the above rant and pm me with any advice about what 4WD to get or what to watch out for, as i am going into this purchase somewhat blind, for any advice keep in mind that the $WD I get will be diesel, and built after 2003, dual cab and probably manual.

Sorry for ranting but Dave was answering a question.

yeah, the robin rocket episode is one of my favs.
oh and do British navaras have the KA? cos that amphibious vehicle in S10 is one...
     I don't see anyone else answering what is obviously a question.

Back on topic, does anyone know when TOP GEAR is coming to Australia and where they are filming.

Offline thumbtack

• thats not gone well
  • post whore
« Reply #46 on: Jan 13, 2008, 02:39PM »
whoa. i didnt realise this was a fight.

im pretty sure narx was commending Dave (commending is smart people speak for 'yay you rule') and then chris said 'oh lolzors yeah its true, dave knows about 4wds'

and you ranted? what the hell!

anyway, i believe they start filming toward the last quarter of the year, ie around september.
Moscow Time?
Comrade Time?
Hammer Time.

Offline dave-trx

• post whore
  • hates everything
« Reply #47 on: Jan 13, 2008, 03:52PM »
Cheers for the defence langers.

Narx thank you for the commending.

Good old Nissan.

Offline chr1S

• r&d team
  • post whore
« Reply #48 on: Jan 13, 2008, 03:58PM »
lol yeah, we aren't arguing aye, just a LOL moment.

Offline Febrile

• Forum Predator
  • post whore
  • I like having thumbs
« Reply #49 on: Jan 13, 2008, 05:05PM »
Narxysus why do I like my 4wds, they may not be the fastest vehicles on the road but I would rather be driving a vehicle that overkill engineering done on the driveline, old tech diesel are great if they have a problem it is either fuel or air.

I admit diesels are slow but they are not overstressed. But I travel alot in remote NSW and have hit 1 kangeroo and have have had many close calls. When the July floods in Maitland were happening I seen many modified 4wds dragging strandard cars out of flood water, I pulled about 3 cars out of flood water also and I seen a few truck drivers dragging cars that were strandard also (I hear all the time on here how bad truckies are, that weekend I seen the best in all the 4wders and truckies)

I would rather be driving a modified 4wd and know that I will make it home, dont get me wrong I like fast cars also but having a 4wd over 2 tonne and getting 10L/100km's and the versatility odriving on road and venturing off road makes more sense to me these days.

Sorry to get off topic, just explaining my reasoning.

I agree.  My Dad has a '91 Safari (Japanese Patrol), and it is a nice drive.  My beef with such cars would basically only be their resource intensity (fuel consumption, large tyres, I think the patrol has two oil filters, as an example), but I guess compared to a turboed performance vehicle, it'd probably all work out the same in the end anyway.  If these things weren't an issue, I'd pick a 4wd over a sport car just for the practicality anyday.  Although, the size of the bloody things can be an issue!
Doo-woop-shoobie-doo-waah

Offline hrmmmm

• antrx.com junkie
« Reply #50 on: Jan 14, 2008, 07:44AM »
Woops, I just read what narx said again, yesterday I read it as if he was having a dig an unwarantyed dig at Dave. My bad, I should read things through properly before I reply.  :-[

Offline Smiley Of Terror

• post whore
« Reply #51 on: Jan 14, 2008, 05:47PM »
I love it when older members forget to READ before you TYPE

...not to mention go off topic :)

did anyone see "Grumpy Old Men", Clarkson was in that too, pretty funny, lots of old Poms whinging like they do.
nissan enthusiast who... umm... drives a toyota.

'95 n/a Mr2