Author Topic: noisey doors  (Read 1561 times)

Offline brentrx

• antrx.com junior member
  • OPEN MINDS OPEN MOUNTAINS
noisey doors
« on: Jun 4, 2003, 03:30PM »
so my car sounds like the doors are about to fall off everytime i go over a bump, etc, and now im starting to get the sh*ts from it! This creaking, squeaking kinda noise comes from all four doors, and maybe the boot.
does anyone know of anything I could do to shut it up, maybe new seals or something for the doors....maybe they need tightening?

Also, everytime I start her, there is this loud noise from the engine, and the oil light comes on. It stays for a few seconds, and then it, and the oil light go away...any ideas?

Sorry to bombard everyone :-\  ::)

Offline ZEXTCY

• antrx.com junkie
  • I dare ya
Re:noisey doors
« Reply #1 on: Jun 4, 2003, 06:15PM »
hopefully it`s not your big end bearing ont here way out otherwise ou`ll be up for rebuild
check oil level in motor - if that is ok i`d be checking into workshop and get them to check it out, hopefully could be oil pump on way out
What is the point of a signature, who REALLY reads it??

Offline BRUCE-TI

• QLD 5 Year Badge!
  • antrx.com full member
  • my car's just out of frame. To the left.<<<<
« Reply #2 on: Jun 4, 2003, 10:28PM »
The engine noise could be something very simple(or hopefully) are you using the right oil and not something to thin.  I know the ka24 uses       20w-50 or maybe just an oil change but if not, it doesn't sound good.  As for the noise in the doors, mines started doing the same and I'm trying to sort it out now.  I think it might be extra stress from stiffer suspension thats bringing out more problems.(on mine anyway)
'91 Pintara TI Saphire Blue with a unifilter and TSW VX1 Venoms.  Mild but soon to be wild.

"Under steer is where the nose of your car hits the wall and over steer is when the ass end of your car hits the wall. Horsepower is how fast you hit the wall and torque is how far you take the wall with you after you hit it."

Offline RichTRX

• sth. oz local moderator
  • post whore
  • May the 4's be with you.
« Reply #3 on: Jun 5, 2003, 06:17PM »
Most KA24E's I've seen make a short 'rattling' noise the second you start them up. Is yours a rattle? Try describing it, that'd be helpful.
His: 2001 Audi S4 biturbo quattro 6sp, Nogaro Blue/black leather recaros, microsilver trim, bose 10sp, SSAC 2.5" twin turboback, RS4 rear sway, 25% tint

Hers: MY99.5 Audi A4 1.8T Quattro GP Edition AVANT 5-sp, phantom black, black leather buckets/walnut/sunroof, 2.5" D&T Turboback, K04-015, N75J, 710N DV

Bro driving: 1990 Nissan Pintara TRX 5sp Red, 16" Rozzis, Lukey 4-2-1 ext, 2.5" full exhaust, hi-flow cat, cone cai, stg 3 chip,  low Kings, GT Gas shocks, Urethane bushings, slotted front rotors, 398000k and still going strong; 0-100 in around 7.2-7.4 seconds

Offline Westy

• antrx.com junior member
  • '90 TRX
« Reply #4 on: Jun 5, 2003, 07:16PM »
yea, from what Adam-J told me the ratteling noise when you start it up is the timing chain, and is normal for the KA24E.

Cheers.

Offline Joczy

• antrx.com junkie
  • feed me guiness
« Reply #5 on: Jun 5, 2003, 08:01PM »
yep ive got a rattling noise to on start up for about a second or 2

then shes alrite :)

"It's darkest before dawn so if u want to steel ur neighbours newspaper thens the time to do it"