Author Topic: Oil Light  (Read 1948 times)

Offline AndrewtMills

• antrx.com junior member
  • CA204U
Oil Light
« on: Dec 7, 2006, 10:05PM »
Sup, ive had my pintara CA20 for sometime now, going for nearly 3 years. The oil light only comes on when i drive it for something over 30 mins then at idle the light flickers on to nearly being full on.
I had some oil leaks in it but they are fixed now, i was hoping that would fix the problem.

What could this possibly be? oil pump has shot through?

Offline icebreaker

• new kid on the block
Re: Oil Light
« Reply #1 on: Dec 7, 2006, 10:18PM »
could be a faulty reading from the sender perhaps to due dirt or what about the condition of the oil in the engine?

Offline JIMB0

• antrx.com junkie
« Reply #2 on: Dec 7, 2006, 10:25PM »
What grade of oil is in it? You may have to go thicker. If it flickers with 20w-50 then you have problems. You could also try another pressure switch, they cost $10 and are easy to change.

Is at idling at the correct speed?

Offline AndrewtMills

• CA204U
« Reply #3 on: Dec 7, 2006, 11:09PM »
could be a faulty reading from the sender perhaps to due dirt or what about the condition of the oil in the engine?

Oil qaulity should be still good was changed like 1000kms ago, but ill have to go out and have a proper look for ya.

From the sender you talking about a sensor some where located on the block?

What grade of oil is in it? You may have to go thicker. If it flickers with 20w-50 then you have problems. You could also try another pressure switch, they cost $10 and are easy to change.

Is at idling at the correct speed?

Just went out and checked in the shed for the oil that i put in it. Castrol GTX3 15w40. Please tell me ive got the right one :-\

It idles at a healthy 900 rpm.
« Last Edit: Dec 7, 2006, 11:56PM by AndrewtMills »

Offline JIMB0

• antrx.com junkie
« Reply #4 on: Dec 7, 2006, 11:32PM »
The pressure switch is located above the oil filter. To change it is just a case off pulling the plug off it and undoing it out with a spanner. Reverse to install, do not over tighten it though. Just go to an auto store and ask for a oil pressure switch with a bullet terminal.

If it flickers after changing that then go for 20w-50 oil. Or even 20w-60 if it has a few kms on it.

Offline AndrewtMills

• CA204U
« Reply #5 on: Dec 8, 2006, 12:00AM »
It just rolled over on to 227,000. thnx mate ill head down town today and ask for what u said.

I guess ill reply back with any problems i have.

Offline krayzie

« Reply #6 on: Dec 8, 2006, 08:20AM »
I would get onto it quick mate. Mine did this for about a week, i changed the oil, that didnt fix it and it ended up with a blown head. I assumed it was the oil pump.