Author Topic: WTB - HD Rear sway bar for FWD U12  (Read 6607 times)

Offline EVLSSS

• antrx.com junior member
WTB - HD Rear sway bar for FWD U12
« on: Jan 8, 2011, 10:16AM »
As title says....its what i need. I am in the process of waiting for some feedback from whiteline to see if i can send a stock one over to have them make me one. But if someone has one that they are willing to part with..... let me know!
« Last Edit: Jan 16, 2011, 08:59PM by EVLSSS »

Offline SSS

• Administrator
  • post whore
Re: WTB - Rear sway bar for FWD U12
« Reply #1 on: Jan 8, 2011, 07:45PM »
Whiteline do make them; I have a 22mm solid whiteline bar on my U12.

Offline Pure_Sincerity

• post whore
  • noss is my father
« Reply #2 on: Jan 8, 2011, 08:22PM »
I was a ryans today and he said whiteline don't make HD sways for the FWD u12s anymore.....Don't know about standards though...
U12 TRX
KA25DE
HIGH COMP
MEGASQUIRT
COILOVERS
INDIVIDUAL THROTTLE BODIES

Offline pedro666

• post whore
  • VET NEO VVL is how I roll...
« Reply #3 on: Jan 8, 2011, 09:11PM »
hi selby make them now, there is some sort of assocation with whiteline, cant recall what. i have one & its ace.
just read this , and it says that fulcrum have bought them
http://www.fulcrumsuspensions.com.au/fulcrum-brings-selby-swaybars-back-to-life.html
the words "race car" spelled backward still spell "race car"? 

skype_shannan801

Offline Sik_bb_trx

• antrx.com senior member
« Reply #4 on: Jan 8, 2011, 10:15PM »

I got my 22mm X-HD off of the whiteline web site not long ago even tho it says they are discontinued, they are yellow and made by selbys now think I paid $180 delivered its well worth it over stock, you get bushes and D brackets with it  ;D

Offline micka8

« Reply #5 on: Jan 8, 2011, 10:52PM »
I'm trying to get a rear sway bar for my pillarless u12, I emailed whiteline but no reply yet, can any confirm part number BNR31Z ?

Offline EVLSSS

« Reply #6 on: Jan 10, 2011, 03:33PM »
hi selby make them now, there is some sort of assocation with whiteline, cant recall what. i have one & its ace.
just read this , and it says that fulcrum have bought them
Awesome thanks heap pedro! Im emailing Fulcrum now for one.

Offline EVLSSS

« Reply #7 on: Jan 16, 2011, 08:59PM »
Im emailing Fulcrum now for one.

Hmmm dunno if it was due to the floodin over there in Brissy, but never got any responces back from Fulcrum...can anyone check em out for me and message me valid email address for em. Ive also checked in with K-Mac and looks as tho my sway bar is of 'some rare and unsual design' rofl..... I didnt seem to think so....

img163.imageshack.us/g/image023sg.jpg

Offline BRUCE-TI

• QLD 5 Year Badge!
  • antrx.com full member
  • my car's just out of frame. To the left.<<<<
Re: WTB - HD Rear sway bar for FWD U12
« Reply #8 on: Jan 17, 2011, 08:14AM »
Wish i had seen this earlier, it would have saved a bit of mucking about.  I found the selby's site and worked out fulcrum now have them.  I spoke to the fulcrum guys and the have only taken over selby's in the last couple of months. So information is in a bit of dissarray at the moment.  But for the pillarless U12 they apparently do have the originals to copy from and can make the new ones.  They must make as required.  So i would imagine that they would have the originals from the aussie U12. (but i Did not ask)

The Brisbane Fulcrum workshop was not flooded, but the street was. So no one has been there. So I am still waiting on a responce myself.
'91 Pintara TI Saphire Blue with a unifilter and TSW VX1 Venoms.  Mild but soon to be wild.

"Under steer is where the nose of your car hits the wall and over steer is when the ass end of your car hits the wall. Horsepower is how fast you hit the wall and torque is how far you take the wall with you after you hit it."

Offline Colby

• post whore
  • KA24DE powered TRX
« Reply #9 on: Jan 17, 2011, 12:56PM »
Bit off topic...
EVLSSS, noticed you are new to the site and your avatar pic looks mean!  Is that your current car or a previous?  post up a few more pics if you can (maybe in a new thread?)

Offline EVLSSS

« Reply #10 on: Jan 17, 2011, 06:41PM »
Wish i had seen this earlier, it would have saved a bit of mucking about.  I found the selby's site and worked out fulcrum now have them.  I spoke to the fulcrum guys and the have only taken over selby's in the last couple of months. So information is in a bit of dissarray at the moment.  But for the pillarless U12 they apparently do have the originals to copy from and can make the new ones.  They must make as required.  So i would imagine that they would have the originals from the aussie U12. (but i Did not ask)

The Brisbane Fulcrum workshop was not flooded, but the street was. So no one has been there. So I am still waiting on a responce myself.

BRUCE, let me know how you get along. I take it you saw the pic's i put up on imageshack was no weird desgin....? Are you after the same bar???

Bit off topic...
EVLSSS, noticed you are new to the site and your avatar pic looks mean!  Is that your current car or a previous?  post up a few more pics if you can (maybe in a new thread?)

Colby, hey thanks man. She was a beast..... unfortunately someone else wanted it and it got 'towy stolen' i reckon. As she was kitted out with a few manual kill switches and a decent mongoose alarm.

Offline Budgie

• Dr. B Udgie - AWD FTW
  • Administrator
  • post whore
  • U12-U13
« Reply #11 on: Jan 17, 2011, 06:59PM »
Oh, memory just kicked in... doesn't a rear swaybar from an M11 Nissan Prarie fit the FWD U12's?

Anyone else remember this? Fraz did it I think. The Prarie had a much bigger bar, due to higher van stylez yo!
dont piss me off with your pillarless shit captain snappy wrist

Offline micka8

« Reply #12 on: Jan 17, 2011, 07:27PM »
Hey bruce ti maybe if we get two made up,it may be cheaper, I've been quoted 241 for 20mm rear and 312 for 27mm front from mako in nsw and I have to sent my bars to them. I've a w10 avenir front bar on now and had it on the pintara too, it's about 30mm but is tubing not soild

Offline BRUCE-TI

• QLD 5 Year Badge!
  • antrx.com full member
« Reply #13 on: Jan 18, 2011, 09:40AM »
Hmmm dunno if it was due to the floodin over there in Brissy, but never got any responces back from Fulcrum...can anyone check em out for me and message me valid email address for em. Ive also checked in with K-Mac and looks as tho my sway bar is of 'some rare and unsual design' rofl..... I didnt seem to think so....

img163.imageshack.us/g/image023sg.jpg

Mine does not look like that with those ends.  Mine is just normal flat end.  That is on the bluey and the pinny.

Selbys is running off a generator at the moment.  I do not expect an answer anytime soom. But we will see.  https://secure6.bluecentral.com/selbys/search_cc.php  these are the ones i am looking at, but I think the price may not be correct. 

Micka.  I will see the price difference first.  I was not planning on going as big as 27mm though.
'91 Pintara TI Saphire Blue with a unifilter and TSW VX1 Venoms.  Mild but soon to be wild.

"Under steer is where the nose of your car hits the wall and over steer is when the ass end of your car hits the wall. Horsepower is how fast you hit the wall and torque is how far you take the wall with you after you hit it."

Offline BRUCE-TI

• QLD 5 Year Badge!
  • antrx.com full member
« Reply #14 on: Jan 18, 2011, 10:44AM »
Got an answer.  I have to go and see them and make sure the part numbers are correct.  

But.  Front 27mm (it was 27 all along. not sure what i was thinking)  $397.90
Rear 20mm $351.60

Delivery 6-8 weeks. Do not need to send any bars to them.

Price seems pretty high, but like micka8 said, might be able to get cheaper if there are a few.  The reason I was going through fulcrums was so that they can install and set up the coil overs and sway bars. And do alot of bushing changes as well.
« Last Edit: Jan 18, 2011, 11:26AM by BRUCE-TI »

Offline EVLSSS

« Reply #15 on: Jan 18, 2011, 03:59PM »
Awesome work Bruce. I see a listing of a SNR9 mentioned on the selby link you posted with a "NZ sedan" noted on it. Could possibly be the bugger i need. But no pics. :( If anyone is close by to them, understanding is crazy over there with the flooding and could let me know what she looks like. Id appreciate it. Until then im happy to be patient. :D

Offline pedro666

• post whore
« Reply #16 on: Jan 24, 2011, 12:05AM »
think i got my 22 rear for about 180-220 , but that was from selby about 2 years ago. 20 & 22 where that anything bigger was custom and anout 150 more.

skype_shannan801

Offline lgee

• post whore
  • Attesa Racer
    • WheelTech Racing
« Reply #17 on: Jan 24, 2011, 07:34AM »
guys i am getting micks, thru selbys, i am a trade customer so i can get some better pricing, pm me if you want some.

Offline BRUCE-TI

• QLD 5 Year Badge!
  • antrx.com full member
« Reply #18 on: Jan 24, 2011, 08:55PM »
3 days too late. I ordered mine and put a deposit down last week
 They said it could not be done cheaper for a batch run because each one is hand made now. Probably a load of bull but I just to get it finished and on the track. Probably more like ten weeks away but we will see. At least that will give me a run and then see the
Improvements.

Offline pedro666

• post whore
« Reply #19 on: Feb 7, 2011, 11:35PM »
ya they said the 20 22 24 where more expensive.. :(

skype_shannan801

Offline Budgie

• Dr. B Udgie - AWD FTW
  • Administrator
  • post whore
  • U12-U13
« Reply #20 on: Feb 8, 2011, 05:58PM »
Guys, Urq has a set of whiteline bars in his TRX.

Let me know if your interested (stripping the car).
dont piss me off with your pillarless shit captain snappy wrist

Offline EVLSSS

« Reply #21 on: Feb 21, 2011, 09:08AM »
Guys, Urq has a set of whiteline bars in his TRX.

Let me know if your interested (stripping the car).

OOooo could be interested in a front bar. Pretty sure the front sways are the same on our NZ birds. Let me know how much Urq's looking at for it Budgie. Lol just did nolathanes on the front factory bar, needs more stiffness tho.

Offline deviate

« Reply #22 on: Aug 20, 2011, 11:27PM »
definately interested let me know how much

Offline JAWSTRX!

• antrx.com junkie
  • TRX STYLE!!!
« Reply #23 on: Aug 20, 2011, 11:39PM »
Front Whiteline sway bar on ebay.... $189 free postage...
TRX 1-FORD FALCON 0

Offline deviate

« Reply #24 on: Aug 31, 2011, 07:25PM »
Got them thanks I think there is still one front bar left I just got last rear though