Author Topic: Junkyard pics  (Read 4274 times)

Offline 87stanza

• antrx.com newbie with pewbies
Junkyard pics
« on: Jan 17, 2009, 01:25PM »
Hello everyone I'm new I have visited the noobie message and I'm confident I wont piss any one off lol and thanks noss for the previous help.  I do however have some pics I took at a local salvage while in Fort Smith ,Arkansas  some diverse vehicles I found enjoy guys. http://s540.photobucket.com/albums/gg360/clcla4/Junkyard/

Offline Febrile

• Forum Predator
  • post whore
  • I like having thumbs
Re: Junkyard pics
« Reply #1 on: Jan 18, 2009, 01:25AM »
it's so green

scrapyards where i live are dusty metal wastelands  :(
Doo-woop-shoobie-doo-waah

Offline 87stanza

« Reply #2 on: Jan 18, 2009, 01:45AM »
Where exactly are you from, I own a globe doesnt mean i no how to use it these were taken in the summer of last year in Arkansas I saw a couple of cars I have never heard of the purple one in the bushes that looked like a corvair but it had some foriegn writing on it lol Hope you guys enjoy them I really want the honda n600 or that old datsun 1600 that was there

Offline Febrile

• Forum Predator
  • post whore
  • I like having thumbs
« Reply #3 on: Jan 18, 2009, 11:17PM »
Well most of us are from Australia, and I'm from Perth which is on the west coast and it's even drier than the east coast.  Seriously the junkyards i've been to have been cars and such on sand or gravel, not a plant in sight in the whole place.  Bastard of a place to be on a hot day.

Offline RichTRX

• sth. oz local moderator
  • post whore
  • May the 4's be with you.
« Reply #4 on: Jan 19, 2009, 09:28AM »
ditto on the wasteland thing; southern Australia is very dry in general, but especially right now... that's beautiful and green

some very interesting cars there
His: 2001 Audi S4 biturbo quattro 6sp, Nogaro Blue/black leather recaros, microsilver trim, bose 10sp, SSAC 2.5" twin turboback, RS4 rear sway, 25% tint

Hers: MY99.5 Audi A4 1.8T Quattro GP Edition AVANT 5-sp, phantom black, black leather buckets/walnut/sunroof, 2.5" D&T Turboback, K04-015, N75J, 710N DV

Bro driving: 1990 Nissan Pintara TRX 5sp Red, 16" Rozzis, Lukey 4-2-1 ext, 2.5" full exhaust, hi-flow cat, cone cai, stg 3 chip,  low Kings, GT Gas shocks, Urethane bushings, slotted front rotors, 398000k and still going strong; 0-100 in around 7.2-7.4 seconds

Offline 87stanza

« Reply #5 on: Jan 19, 2009, 01:45PM »
Forgive me for asking what is the winter like in Australia it is bitter cold here about 45 for the high today and it will get down to 15 or 20 degrees celsius tonight. Today was really nice compared to the other where the low was 1 degree at night.  How does being dry affect your cars

Offline noss

• Administrator
  • post whore
  • great scott!
    • antrx
« Reply #6 on: Jan 19, 2009, 01:56PM »
45 as in farrenheit? so about 7 degrees celsius? not too bad :) (i like the cold)

i'm in brisbane (east coast) and in the middle of winter most of the time you get an average minimum of 8 degrees or so.. with day time temps in the low-mid 20's.

in summer here its very humid and most days are high 20s up to 40 degrees celsius. minimum overnight temps in the summer are probably around 18-20 degrees.

i used to live in melbourne and first day i was there it was around 20 degrees with a really chilly wind, and the next morning it was -1 lol.. i love melbourne's weather.. low single figure temps over night in winter, to around 15 degrees in the day from memory.. summer is much the same as brisbane, but its not humid, its really dry. highest temp i've experienced was in melbourne, 46 degrees and by midnight it had dropped to 43!! from memory though, average temps are low to mid 20's in summer.

the most obvious way it affects the cars is with cooling. you really need adequate cooling to keep engine temperatures under control. a lot of cars that were imported in the early days failed miserably here because their radiators were too small and overall couldnt cope at all and engines were seriously damaged.
« Last Edit: Jan 19, 2009, 01:58PM by noss »

http://polyfedelicio.us/imgs/ - free image hosting for whatever you like

Offline Febrile

• Forum Predator
  • post whore
  • I like having thumbs
« Reply #7 on: Jan 19, 2009, 08:14PM »
also, i don't think antifreeze even exists in australia, lol

Offline cruizer

• post whore
« Reply #8 on: Jan 20, 2009, 12:03AM »
the most obvious way it affects the cars is with cooling. you really need adequate cooling to keep engine temperatures under control. a lot of cars that were imported in the early days failed miserably here because their radiators were too small and overall couldnt cope at all and engines were seriously damaged.

I've just found a solution to this problem for my car...a big fck off radiator lol.

Thats amazing how green the junkyard is...this is what ours look like

Offline 87stanza

« Reply #9 on: Jan 20, 2009, 02:51AM »
Wow that is nutzz so pulling parts must not be a problem, at least not having to worry about snakes and ticks getting on you.  Im sure you guys have your critters though lol I have a 1987 nissan stanza wagon that i just got it has a ca20e which I know nothing about I went to check it out yesterday in Kansas City Missouri I actually thought the damn thing had a small v8 in it lol but it is dual spark I have never seen such a setup it has 75,000 actual miles on it and runs good no P/S though.  I want to yank that motor and put a ca18det in it, Im looking for a few suggestions because it is extremely hard to find a modded nissan stanza wagon but that motor should make good horsepower me and noss have talked a lil bit about it but im looking for all suggestions
« Last Edit: Jan 20, 2009, 03:28AM by 87stanza »

Offline I'm what Willis was talkin' 'bout

• Irish Correspondent
  • i will wear a bikini for food
  • post whore
« Reply #10 on: Jan 20, 2009, 08:17AM »
45 as in farrenheit? so about 7 degrees celsius? not too bad :) (i like the cold)

Pfffftttt, I was at the Arsenal v Bolton match last Saturday in London and it was a crisp -3 as we entered the ground at 3pm....but it was dark by 4:30pm and the temp dropped even further before match end.
TeamManSnag

Homer!  What have you done to the car?  I don't think it had broken axles before.

Before!  Before!  You're living in the past, Marge.  Quit living in the past.

What, I never said I didn't like it asshat! :P

At least I don't think I did... but if I did, then I'm the asshat.

Offline noss

• Administrator
  • post whore
  • great scott!
    • antrx
« Reply #11 on: Jan 20, 2009, 08:27AM »
Pfffftttt, I was at the Arsenal v Bolton match last Saturday in London and it was a crisp -3 as we entered the ground at 3pm....but it was dark by 4:30pm and the temp dropped even further before match end.

so jealous!

http://polyfedelicio.us/imgs/ - free image hosting for whatever you like

Offline Jono

• The Wise Man
  • Global Moderator
  • post whore
  • memory boy!
« Reply #12 on: Jan 21, 2009, 12:06AM »

Where is that? That's a really neat wrecking yard!

Most of the yards around brisbane are bare dirt (and mud when it's wet) with cars piled 6-deep wherever they fit.
#1 Post Wh0re
pringles was here!

Offline I'm what Willis was talkin' 'bout

• Irish Correspondent
  • i will wear a bikini for food
  • post whore
« Reply #13 on: Jan 21, 2009, 05:08AM »
so jealous!

Did I mention that I'm off to Barcelona tomorrow morning on a work trip for a few days too?  Munich next week, Milan the week after that.  Tough job.
TeamManSnag

Homer!  What have you done to the car?  I don't think it had broken axles before.

Before!  Before!  You're living in the past, Marge.  Quit living in the past.

What, I never said I didn't like it asshat! :P

At least I don't think I did... but if I did, then I'm the asshat.

Offline 87stanza

« Reply #14 on: Jan 21, 2009, 06:44AM »
It is really neat, that is a neat organized yard and we have a lot of places like that but we also have a lot of pull your own parts yards the cars are put where they are and if you want to part you go find it yourself lol

Offline cruizer

• post whore
« Reply #15 on: Jan 22, 2009, 09:27PM »
Where is that? That's a really neat wrecking yard!

Most of the yards around brisbane are bare dirt (and mud when it's wet) with cars piled 6-deep wherever they fit.

U-pull-it down south here in SA

Offline 87stanza

« Reply #16 on: Jan 23, 2009, 05:20AM »
Forgive my ignorance where is SA at

Offline Luke

• 173kw @ all 4
  • sth. oz local moderator
  • antrx.com junkie
« Reply #17 on: Jan 23, 2009, 02:36PM »
South Australia, it's a state in the southern part of Australia  :P
Jason reffering to the OzVR4 Forum... "Even their forum is slow" "FJ20.com on the other hand, yep that S12 does Mono's"