Author Topic: Another Timing Belt Question  (Read 1478 times)

Offline ashman01

• Thats Mr. Man01 to you.
  • post whore
  • Slowly getting there
Another Timing Belt Question
« on: Jun 29, 2005, 11:41PM »
Just found out today that the car i am getting hasnt had the timing belt replaced since she bought the car and it has done exactly 200,000kms. My questions are does the nissan pintaras timing belt get changed at every 100,000km's or 120,000km's?

Also i have been reading all the other threads about timing belts and some of u have paid upto 1200$ for it to get replaced is that true?

What should i expect to pay? and can anyone on the gold coast point me in the direction of a great mechanic who will fix it for relitivly cheap. My last mechanic was cheap but he was also dodgy. Would do everything with sticky tape style fixing, if ya no what i mean.

thanx ash

Offline Jtas

• Sarcasminator
  • antrx cruise monkey
  • post whore
Re: Another Timing Belt Question
« Reply #1 on: Jun 30, 2005, 12:06AM »
I thought you were getting a TRX? if you are then the engine (KA24E) doesn't have a timing belt it has a timing chain.

Sorry to sound like a broken record, but I can't think of anything that hasn't already been answered in these threads...
http://www.antrx.com/smf/index.php?topic=1828.0
http://www.antrx.com/smf/index.php?topic=4423.0

Offline ashman01

• Thats Mr. Man01 to you.
  • post whore
  • Slowly getting there
« Reply #2 on: Jun 30, 2005, 12:08AM »
Yeah i read that 2.

Mainly i wanted to conferm and ask about mechanics

EDIT:

After reading them again i came to my own conclusion that the belts are recomended to be changed at every 100,000ks but it only really needs to be done when it starts rattling and the power decreases.

When the car got road worthy'd a few days ago he checked the chain and told us it doesnt need to be changed so hopefully it doesnt need to be changed for atleast another 5000ks cuz i dont have the money to do it.

BTW im still looking for a quote and a mechanic on the Gold Coast

EDIT 2: Sorry, I thought timing belt and timing chain were the same, sorry, im only 17 and untill 1 year ago i didnt no shit about machinics, Im learning as i go.
« Last Edit: Jun 30, 2005, 12:21AM by ashman01 »

Offline Xnissman

• qld local moderator
  • post whore
  • Speed Thrills - Stupidity Kills
« Reply #3 on: Jun 30, 2005, 07:22PM »
Ultimate Performance - Nerang.  (these guys did my motor rebuild).
Jetronic Motors - Kamholtz Crt. Ashmore.  (he's usually very busy so would probably need a couple of weeks notice at least).
Take it to the limit - take it to the track.
speed safe; club level motorsport.
Life is like a box of chocolates.