Author Topic: Corsair Help Again  (Read 1660 times)

Offline 1990_Corsair

• antrx.com newbie with pewbies
Corsair Help Again
« on: Sep 1, 2008, 09:37PM »
ok, this corsair is doing my head in, im not eating, sleeping, anything. All i want to know is what the hell is wrong with it.

Whenever i put water in the radiater it wont start, yet if i drain the radiator as soon as i turn that key it fires up.
There is a pinhole leak comming out of the head gasket but surely meh i dont know.

i took it for a drive today just around the block and it over heated but the radiater cap was stone cold?

i dont know much about cooling systems apart from there supposed to keep the car cool, could it be a combination of head gasket, water pump someting else who knows

i mean i paid $300 for the car what do i expect.

Offline evlknvl

• antrx.com senior member
Re: Corsair Help Again
« Reply #1 on: Sep 1, 2008, 09:45PM »
M8, if there's water comin out the head gasket then you most likely done a head gasket and fucked your head. Prob need the head planing/re-surfacing and a new gasket etc... Take it to a local workshop and get someone to have a quick look.

Offline Budgie

• Dr. B Udgie - AWD FTW
  • Administrator
  • post whore
  • U12-U13
« Reply #2 on: Sep 1, 2008, 09:58PM »
edited your sig evlknvl... was WAY too big.  Probably still is, but its better now
dont piss me off with your pillarless shit captain snappy wrist

Offline evlknvl

« Reply #3 on: Sep 1, 2008, 10:00PM »
Np m8, seen the banner website and just had to make one for here! LOL Thought it may be a tad big!

Offline getaroundcar

« Reply #4 on: Sep 1, 2008, 10:23PM »
more than likely water is leaking into combustion chamber, this causes the water to mix with fuel, there by making it not fire. i think fixing your head gasket will fix your problem

Offline ffourc

• old man off the block
« Reply #5 on: Sep 1, 2008, 10:44PM »
water is leaking into combustion chamber
I concur.

However going on the severity of symptoms, I'd think the actual head may be stuffed, not just a head gasket.

If you have the tools and a bit of mechanical aptitude a head gasket/ head is not that hard to replace.

But buyer beware - an overheating car is often a head(/gasket) issue.